TOPIC: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition

TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7342

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition

For Immediate Release

TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition

SATELLITE BEACH, FLORIDA – Saturday April 14, 2012 - TreasureWorks, LLC., today launched a new treasure hunting expedition into the Central American nation of Honduras. International Adventurer and Treasure Hunter Tommy Vawter launched the expedition from Guatemala City where they have been on the ground for the last 16 months researching ancient Maya culture, and searching for and exploring ancient Maya Ruins throughout that country’s central highlands.

The north coast of Honduras and its Bay islands are situated on the Caribbean Sea, and were once heavily trafficked by Spanish Treasure fleets laden with Gold, Silver and Precious Gems pillaged from Central and South America. The expedition plans on being on the ground for the next few months continuing its exploration of Mayan civilization from the ruins of Copan in the west, to the legend of La Cuidad Blanca to the east.

The deep water Port City of Trujillo on mainland Honduras as well as the ruins of Old Port Royal on the Island of Roatan will also be of particular interest to the expedition. Trujillo was once used by the Spanish as the gateway to the treasures of Central and South America, while Old Port Royal on the lush tropical Island of Roatan, was once used by pirates as a refuge and staging area to launch attacks on the Spanish Treasure Fleets. The team will also examine the legend of Captain Henry Morgan’s treasure believed to be buried on or near the Island of Roatan.

TreasureWorks, LLC., is a privately held treasure hunting company involved in the world-wide search for lost treasure. For regular updates and video accounts on the progress of the expedition, visit the expedition’s website at www.treasureworks.com, or you can email Tommy Vawter at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

###
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7347

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Capt. Morgan's treasure buried around Roatan... :ohmy: I was just down there diving a year ago! :S I could've been searching for treasure! Good Luck Tommy... I wish you well... :)

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7348

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
We are now in Honduras and getting everything set up down here. My first impression of this country is Wow! what an absolutely beautiful country. From the beauty of the Caribbean sea just outside our door, to the lush towering mountains to our south, it reminds me of a scene from the movie Mysterious Island. We were greeted by 88 degree temperatures and lots of sunshine.

Just hanging out tonight, sitting at the at the hotel beach side bar enjoying warm tropical beach breezes and enjoying the local beer with my friends.

Internet connectivity here leaves a little bit to be desired, but I'm sure we will find a reasonable alternative to the hotels WiFi in the coming days so we can start uploading video content of our journey.

Other than that we are all just happy that after all those weeks and months of planning and preparation have now come to fruition, and most of us are here eager to start the adventure.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by wreckdiver.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7351

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
A friend has a house in Trujillo and he told me that there are plans to make a cruise port there. I had also thought of looking there. Get down there before they start a cruise port!

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7367

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Tommy,
Hopefully, Old man, salvor6 and myself will see you down there! Good Luck.
Aquanut

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7375

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Copy that my friend, see you soon!

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7448

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Yet another beautiful day in Honduras today. The Caribbean is much calmer than the last couple of days and looks just wonderful. I am getting acclimated to the heat and humidity but that intense sun has me always seeking shade more than treasure.

The overland shipment arrived yesterday, so my Minelab Excalibur is with me once again and I will have to put her to work today. B)

Caught some fool trying to break into my hotel room this morning at about 4:00AM, and sent him sliding down a tree, but not before he caught his foot on the razor wire at the bottom of my balcony.

Well, time to head downstairs for some breakfast and coffee, yes I need my coffee. Damn hotel does not have coffee makers in the room :ohmy: I guess I will need to fix that little logistical problem today.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7461

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
"he caught his foot on the razor wire at the bottom of my balcony."

He should be easy to spot after that encounter.

It sounds like y'all are living the good life...How's the political climate in Honduras? More comfortable than Guatemala, I hope?
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7472

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
I got back to the hotel last night and while I was gone, the hotel management had all the trees removed to prevent any further intrusions into my room. I also, now have a much better view of the beaches!

I would have to say that politically, Guatemala has a more stable government than we have here in Honduras. Of course, Honduras had a Military coup here less than three years ago and corruption at all levels of government seems to be an issue for just about all of Central America. However, I see allot less shotgun toting security on the streets in the little bit of Honduras that I have seen in my first week here, than in Guatemala City.

On the other hand Honduras has more murders per-capeta than any other nation on the planet, and most of the violent crime in Honduras and Guatemala seem to center around the drug trade. Truly a very sad situation for the people down here.

Even for all the negatives associated with the political and economic issues in Honduras, this Caribbean nation still ranks among one of the most awesomely spectacular countries I have visited to date. Other than the Ban-dido I met yesterday morning, all the other folks I have meet down here are very friendly and helpful.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7476

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Did you put that Wreckdiver wrecking ball on his ass?
A

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7480

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Did not have a chance Aquanut, as soon as I flung the curtain open to confront him, he started to scramble off the balcony and down the tree. I guess he did not expect anyone to be up a 4AM.
Saved his life though, if he had gone to the hotel room next to me he would have received a double tap to the forehead.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7596

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
I threw together some video of our trip from Guatemala to Honduras last weekend. Sorry, no video of the guy going over the balcony.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7659

Listening

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7703

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
Love the video, Tommy.....time for an update!! :cheer:

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7708

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
Hey Tom, did you get a chance to meet my buddy down there, Ted Danger? He was searching for Cuidad Blanca and has a great web site about it: www.teddanger.com.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 1 month ago #7752

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Thanks Judy, working on part 2 now and hope to have it up late in the week, or the weekend at the latest.

Salvor6, Si, I have had some email exchanges with Ted before we left Guatemala, but I have not yet talked with him since our arrival in Honduras.
When you John and the gang make it down this way, my Honduran cell phone is 9863-7263.

Tommy

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 3 weeks ago #8055

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Just got my passport back yesterday from down in Tegucigalpa with a 1 year Visa, and I am now good to stay in the country until May, 2013.

Cool! B)

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 3 weeks ago #8058

• Bill-USA
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 9
wreckdiver1715 wrote:
Just got my passport back yesterday from down in Tegucigalpa with a 1 year Visa, and I am now good to stay in the country until May, 2013.

Cool! B)
Congrats wreckdiver1715. Understand you have other friends in the area as well! Good luck to all of you!
Dump a democrat!
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Bill-USA.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 3 weeks ago #8063

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Gracias Bill, and yes, there are a few old friends down this way.

Re: TreasureWorks Launches Honduras Treasure Expedition 8 years 3 weeks ago #8089

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Moderators: Salvor6