Welcome, Guest
(55 Viewing)  (55) Guest

TOPIC: Treasure Island

Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1696

• Zak
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello everybody,

I'm a real estate agent here in Brazil.

Since I deal a lot with residential islands, I just received an island way too low priced and decided to check it out.

It turns out that the Island has nothing built on it but it has an huge tunneling system underneath it. These tunnels were built by the Jesuits and were used to hide valuables either from merchants that would stop by running from pirates or even from the municipality itself.

Along with the listing I also received a bunch of letters written in German because in 1938/39/40, during the WWII, a few German researchers came and dug into the island, in hopes of finding a treasure (as we believe). They did find a few valuables but they did not hit the top spots, as the valuables map I received is pointing. The most strange thing is that these letters are actually reports that were sent to their boss, back in Germany. Since Brazil joined US and UK in the war, the germans had to flee and left everything in there. I have no idea of what's written in those letters since I don't speak German.

And the story doesen't end there... Along with many photos of the excavations, I have also received many original documents from the Jesuits stating they used to keep valuables there. A maid found 2 kegs of silver dubloons and exchanged it for a small amount of money, 10 years ago then left the island.

The owner of the island had a plane do a fly scan (with some kind of instruments) that confirmed the existence of tunnels.

I'm afraid of sell this island and miss whatever may be there still.

What I really wanted to know is if there are specialized companies, groups or anything in the sort that would be interested in performing some studies in that island.

Let me know your thoughts!

Best regards,

Zak
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1698

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 107
Zak,
Your island sounds intriguing. Since the tunnels are accessible, get a Pulse Star metal detector and do a walk through. I don't think you need to bring in a bunch of outsiders unless you simply don't have time. If I wasn't so far away, I'd do it for you.
Aquanut

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1699

• Zak
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi Aquanut!

Thank you for your promptly response!

Well it seems the tunnels are really big as they cover almost the whole island in the undergrounds.

With a total size of 30.000 square meters, I believe we may be talking like 10.000s square meters of tunnels or a bit less. It's like a mine.

The island is located very close to a military base so... It's been on the news worldwide in the past 20 years.

The current owner wants to "lay low" so that he can sell it without any noise.

I would really like to talk with someone who could see those photos, pictures and maps so that I could figure what to do next. I'm searching for the news in the past newspapers and will post them here.

Thanks!

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1700

• Tim Williams
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Welcome to the forums. You could put a picture of the island in the dowsing area and let the dowser here have a go. OR if not contact me directly I would like to take a look.
Home of the Arc-Geo logger imaging system! Now you can see what you've been missing.

Stay Blessed,

Tim

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1701

• Zak
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi Tim,

I sent you a private message with my skype.

I can't post a picture of the island here because it might trigger google to index it and the owner may bump into it someday.

Will send you all data directly!

Thank you very much!

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1703

• Tim Williams
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Thanks sounds like a cool place for sure. I bet the History there is crazy good!
Home of the Arc-Geo logger imaging system! Now you can see what you've been missing.

Stay Blessed,

Tim

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1704

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 163
I see a handfull of islands for sale down that way on the internet, and some seem priced very low.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: Treasure Island 8 years 4 weeks ago #1714

• Zak
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I have shortened the URL of the listing so that you may see its pictures without google indexing the url or picture:

goo.gl/oAAz5

Tim, I've sent you my skype but no response, can you please add me? Username: "sobreimoveis" .

Thanks!
Moderators: Salvor6