Welcome, Guest
(121 Viewing)  (121) Guest

TOPIC: Lost lake of gold

Lost lake of gold 6 years 11 months ago #12562

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
hello All

Thought I post a few legends before I have a run in with Mr tax collector. :laugh:

So here goes...

The lost lake of gold

Some treasure legends are nothing more than legends that have been told around campfires from time amoral. The following newspaper story dates back a 1914, which tells around 1858 involving a group of miners finding a dried up lake covered in nuggets and gold dust in an area near the Gila River in Arizona with 3 peaks nearby.

Some critics say it was tall story to lure prospectors away from more lucrative diggings to chase this fabled lost lake of gold. Other said it was a story invented by a disillusioned miner who had become a drunk and told the story for a shot of whiskey to eager listeners in the many bars of the old west.

The miners were attached by Indians and most of them killed in place called Dead man’s Gulch. Their skeletons were later found a patrol of US Calvary except two who made it to Fort Yuma where one died and Adams made it to San Francisco. Another perhaps another version of the Lost Adams mine story retold over and over. Is there any truth to this tale of Discovery and ignominious murder, death and of lost wealth?

A research into any records or old newspaper accounts of the alleged discovery of human remains must have been recorded somewhere. And the identification of the location referred as dead man’s Gulch. The name of the other miner who died might establish some truth to the legend.

Without this there is very little to go on. Like with all treasure legends a clear calculated view should be taking with all treasure legends. Some will surprise others will not and never fill expectations. Somehow for me I just cannot buy into this legend without any positive evidence that the event really happened.

However I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

Kanacki This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate