Welcome, Guest
(99 Viewing)  (99) Guest

TOPIC: Legend of the Valle Valle Treasure

Legend of the Valle Valle Treasure 5 years 7 months ago #14976

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
By Tommy Vawter

In the dark and deadly underworld of narco-trafficking down here in Central America, where ruthless people of limited education and meager beginnings are transformed almost overnight into multi-millionaires, to the point that they no longer count the cash money that is flowing in. They have to weigh it because counting it all takes too long.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

It seems almost inevitable that sooner or later, some of these modern day pirates of this multi-billion dollar industry are going to burry some of their ill-gotten gains in secret locations.

I am sure that the reasons for hiding some of their wealth varies from one drug lord to another. Some hide their treasure for old age retirement, some to us as an emergency escape in case they are being hunted by new drug lords wanting to take over precious territory and drug transportation routes, and some to save in case the authorities are moving in on them and they need to buy their way out of jail or prison.

So, the other day I’m reading a story in the Honduran newspaper LaPrensa, and I see the headline “Valle family has buried 500 million”. The story goes on to say that the search continues in the mountains of the village The Spirit, in Florida, Copán, in western Honduras. The information indicates a tunnel where the Valle brothers have hid some 500 million dollars in cash, cars and other goods.

The only information authorities have is that the there is a secret passage about a half of a kilometer from the village Spirit, but they do not have an exact location of the site.

Authorities claim to have collected reliable information on the existence of a tunnel. The story goes on to state that when they built their homes in the community, they designed secret underground passages that serve them not only to hoard money, drugs and weapons, but also as an escape route in the event they were descended upon by authorities.

The National Police have already recovered 11 million dollars in cash from a water tank buried in grounds of another property in Las Crucitas, Florida in the department of Copán, and state that the fortune is the product of a 360 million dollar a year operation moving drugs from Honduras to the United States.

This is just the most recent case, and I can only wonder how many other drug lords have also hidden some of their treasure.
Honduras has a Law against money laundering, this Law allows for the confiscation of goods of illicit origin. This policy has allowed the Prosecutor Against Organized crime in conjunction with the Department of Anti-Narcotics (DLCN), to seize in the last four years 378 properties, 237 bank accounts and 49 commercial companies involved in drug trafficking. Over the last ten years authorities have also seized 43 aircraft, 724 vehicles, 176 boats, 1,200 head of cattle, 210 fighting cocks and a hundred horses.

If authorities are unable to locate these tunnels, this will most defiantly go down as yet another treasure legend worthy of a search.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Legend of the Valle Valle Treasure 5 years 7 months ago #14979

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello Wreckdiver great story. Indeed a treasure legend in the making.

Most likely years from now as the story evolves things will be added by human nature to story. This is an excellent example on how treasure legends evolve.

Kanacki

Legend of the Valle Valle Treasure 5 years 7 months ago #14983

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) They can drop some here and I'll gladly hold it for them for a small fee. :evil: :whistle: :whistle: Legend has it that I have a hidden goldmine somewhere in the Rockies. Strange, my brother also owns an old abandoned goldmine and a ranch with hidden assets and stuff....... somewhere. Texas or Colorado or Maryland.......or in the Rockies. What to do..... Never mind! Another legend begins. :evil: Is it real or is it Memorex? Only my closest friends will know. :evil:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Legend of the Valle Valle Treasure 5 years 5 months ago #15245

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
For the last couple of weeks I have been following an interesting developments in this story of the Valle Valle Treasure. Yesterday the two surviving brothers were extradited to the US to face trial where the each could be sentenced to life in prison.

You will remember that in the original article I posted almost two months ago that 11 Million dollars in US dollars were found in plastic bags buried in a mountain area in the western department of Copán, in an operation in which they was arrested Miguel Arnulfo Valle Valle, head of Valle Valle drug cartel.

Members of the “Troops Special Groups Intelligence and Security Response” (TIGER), who participated in the search and pursuit of one of the most powerful drug cartels in Honduras, allegedly found $ 12.5 million, but reported only 11.2 million.

The TIGERS were recently created as an elite body to confront organized crime, especially drug trafficking, using the country to smuggle drugs into the United States from South America.

In the capture operation of brothers Miguel and Luis Alonso Valle Valle, agents of the Tigers unit reported the seizure of 17 sacks full of dollars. The intelligence section of the same unit, determined that in the hole where Valle brothers buried the money in a large plastic water tank, not only had 17 sacks, but were 19.

The report states that the elements of the Tigers unit discovered the mound where the money was, buried and after checking the bags they realized they were full of money. Following the discovery, agents, in a quick action to avoid detection by two fellow police officers who supported them in the operation, threw two of the bags containing 1.3 Million in a thicket.

Apparently there were only 4 officers originally involved in the theft of the money. However, the last news article I read stated that more than 20 officers and two commissioners had been suspended while the investigation continued.

Seems these bright boys did some crazy stuff, like one showing up to work in a brand new sports car. Another bought a new house, another bought a ranch, another bought lots of prostitutes prepaying them with 100 dollar bills, and the best one I saw was the one who posted on his facebook page thanking god for providing him with the money to get him out of poverty.

Members of the Honduran National Police earn on average about $350 dollars a month. Once other members of the team saw their friends flush with cash from the operation, they demanded a piece of the action with about twenty some officers splitting the reaming $300,000. Apparently that was not enough to satisfy some of them.

Still no word on the underground tunnel.

I took the opportunity to snoop around a little when I was traveling from Guatemala down to Panama back in early November. However, things are still a little hot in this district, and there was the issue of a truckload of armed men that took notice of a gringo in the neighborhood so I decided the wiser course of action was to get back on the road and speed out of town. The location of Florida Copan is not very far away from the ancient Mayan Ruins of Copan near the boarder with Guatemala.

“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by wreckdiver.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate