• Page:

TOPIC: Find my treasure who can?

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12662

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello cache and Rum or Hidden booze :laugh:

Thanks for the the link.

It seems you know your stuff. Too many on this topic on the net dream about hidden marks and theories based on asumptions, It appears my friend your doing your home work.

The long hard road of dancing with dame fortune under the Watchful eye of the treasure hunting gods.

It is a pity that there is no mention of the cargo. So close yet so far..

Keep up the good work your research.

Kanacki
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12671

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hi Kanacki

( Don ) much prefer... hidden , la bouze

"It is a pity that there is no mention of the cargo. So close yet so far.."

That could be answered , not entirely but as close to. Just depends on how you rephrase the question or attack the notion.

To get the answers you need to look between 1723 - 1729 , not 1721/2

Also , If the source is good then , an indication can be had by the gesture / token / gift he gave the Church on Bourbon. I assume that would have been mere fodder for the birds compared to what he had.

What i have not read through yet, is what the revenues taxes , duties etc were for Goa , which would have been heading back to Portugal , or what had been taken from the Diamond mines down that way (brown diamonds?) So i assume that could be added to all the religious artifacts , plus the Viceroys personal transactions , and that of the Archbishop and others.

The French vessel Noaillies was reputed to be heavily loaded , so that could be added. If he was involved in the Jeddah vessel (China) then that may possibly be an inclusion ,The idea researching China scares the bejeezas outta me. Wouldn`t know where to start. Closest i got to CHina was for something completely different during the "Boxer" times. Chuck in the burning of all documents at some point , urrrgh.

The Ostender that came in after the Cabo was carrying slaves , of which they sold, prices are given via a few sources.

I suspect any gains by La Buse prior while on West coast Africa would be hidden somewhere down the bottom end of the coast , before they hit the notorious Cape of Good Hope. Better handling of vessel? I dunno much bout that side of things. He has been noted as basically hoovering up the vessels in the area to annoyance of the other pirates who followed shortly after him. Sure he would have sold off any cargo`s but the rest?

An interesting one could be I`le Mayotta , what means did he have to transport any treasures when he lost his ship here? Or is some of it still buried there?

As for the link , the Jan edition is not the correct one , it`s in another month`s edition. :)

Even still , the story of a pirate plundering from God is an interesting one.

hidden La Bouze

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12674

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Good morning Hidden la bouze

If I was guess the location if he had buried treasure. then I would suspect an island that was uninhabited at the time. Not the main islands like so many had claimed. Anything like the pacific islands anyone living on the island will watch your every move.I imagine it was the same back then as now.

Funny you should mention the possibility of treasure being buried on the African coast. I do have an interesting newspaper story you might like. I just need to dig it up. (pardon the pun ) :-)

I did eventually find the pages from the link. Interesting link. As for I`le Mayotta it is a big island so perhaps anything is possible.??

Kanacki

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12730

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Good Evening Kanacki,

The newspaper story sounds interesting , is it perhaps anything to do with Cpt Laws "Mermaid" in late 1730`s, and a pile of Spanish treasure being salvaged?

Or the crewman who guided the English to an alleged treasure spot on an island down the west coast Africa?

That aside , i would appreciate if you had any views in "Bernadin Nageon Estaing" noted as the guy who allegedly got the other papers. For me , there is nothing to give him potential as the man who got them.

However , there is another E`Staing more accomplished and who might of had the financial clout to go um , fishing. A little deeper research is required to confirm if he was where he was and what he bought is for real.For one version if he did what he did , there appears to be no logic to it.

As for who`s who in the pirates , at Bourbon in 1724, written on the letter for pardon that is heavy going.

But it also seems via other documents like a few cull`s happened and double dealings and greed where at play down to the trusted few of La Buse crew. very confusing part of the story to untangle , since it all be in French. (tut , honestly)

cache n rum

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12748

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Cache and Rum

Here is a strange newspaper story of some treasure chests allegedly found seven miles from Durban in South Africa. Was it treasure lost by pirates or a lost east Indiaman?

As for Bernadin Nageon Estaing I am not quite sure his role in connection to Olivier Le Vassuer if there is a connection at all? His story may be an entirely different story connected to another bit of history?

Hardluck would be best to answer that question. He had a friend living there in Mauritius at one time many years ago. He met Wilkins son back in the 1980;s sometime?? Hardluck said to me many years ago in new guinea at the infamous Madang bar on night that he had the impression that Wilkins was politely a bit of an eccentric. And his son was a little brainwashed with it all. Well Hardluck shrugged and rolled his eyes back as said he was part of the Philippine every rock tree is treasure sign brigade.

If you know Hardluck that is not his Modus operandi.. He is very methodical in researching and showed me an entirely different ways of approaching a search. I swear he must of been a fallen archie at one time :laugh:

You know some people say he was an ex Tombaroli trained by one of best. Ya never know with him he always got cards up his sleeves and when your researching some thing he will pull some thing out of nowhere and you think where the hell did he find that. :laugh:

Even Crow says to me Hardluck plays with us sometimes. Just when you think you have nailed it he will drop a document and say what about this? Like a subtle invisible slap to the back of head. Like if he already knows the answer that he is wanting you to discover it yourself.

Anyway I sure Hardluck could give you a much better answer in regards to Estaing.

Kanacki This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12755

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Good Evening Kanacki,

Thank you for the news article , looks like that never going to be answered fully , but interesting nonetheless at possibilities. I was thinking more closer to the Zaire border. Based on locality, distance as his journey moves forward , his whereabouts at the time.

My reasoning for asking your views on Estaing , is due to two different versions of on Brigadier Charles Henri Theodart le comte d`Estaing of Auvergene , France.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hector,_comte_d'Estaing

compared to ;

A Historian from the Indian Ocean and his version,

henri.maurel.pagesperso-orange.fr/seafaring%201.htm........section 1756 17th December.

My question / query is why would someone of such high standing relinquish his position , and personally finance two vessels for an expedition? Was it solely for personal gain? or could there be something lurking untold? Or is the author at it.

Admittedly , it`s some 26 years after the death of La Buse , its seems like one of the only avenues to chase down , if , Estaing was inolved.

"If you know Hardluck that is not his Modus operandi.. He is very methodical in researching and showed me an entirely different ways of approaching a search. I swear he must of been a fallen archie at one time"

ringing in my damn ears "get the earliest documents" with a gentle humming of "research, research , research and when your done research some more"

Everyone`s gotta start learning from somewhere , be it in Europe , America`s or where ever.

" Just when you think you have nailed it he will drop a document and say what about this? Like a subtle invisible slap to the back of head. Like if he already knows the answer that he is wanting you to discover it yourself. "

could not of worded it better :lol:

"when your researching some thing he will pull some thing out of nowhere and you think where the hell did he find that. "

:huh: (many a head scratch there)

But for me , the fact. time is taken out , reguardless of how busy or where ever in the world , to listen to ,and respond to , no matter how stupid / naive my questions / queries may be. That i have much respect for.

Once again , thanks for the news article.

Cache n Rum.

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12757

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Cache an Rum

Oh I see I mis understood you inferrence to a shipwreck on the african coast? I asummed you were talking about East African coast not west Africa.

In regards for Estang: Personally I do not see a connection with Le Buze and the simple fact the name Estang is more comon that people think. I think several researchers have tied to link Estang search to that Of Olivier la Vassuers alleged treasure. None have explained the alleged connection to my satisfaction at least, however how interesting the idea is.

Kanacki

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12790

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hi Kanacki ,

I agree with you on Bernadin Nageon E`Staing. But felt the brigadier had to at least have to be ticked off the list. Have found some small info on "Apollo" in battle with a few names, needs more work on.

As for Bernadin , it appears if i read correct , had no real wealth going by an extract from ;

us.macmillan.com/slavingandslaveryintheindianocean/DeryckScarr

As for his death , there were 2 / 3 British ships in and around Bourbon at the time of his death , , and same for the French 2/3 vessels also. So perhaps some info may had there, about if he actually threw papers to the crowd or were the French doing a bit of bigging up the story of capturing a pirate?

cache n rum

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12792

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
HI Hidden Booze

No one can deny that Oliver Le vassuer was a real pirate however....

It is possible but for the life of me I cannot understand why no has ever presented reliable evidence that this event tossing Documents into a crowd ever happened.

Only much later authors claimed this, Where more contemporary documents say very little at all? Like the fiery Cross of Goa? There has to be somewhere if these events were true. Perhaps in old documents in Mauritius or Seychelles or France. If not then perhaps you are correct the treasure story just another exaggeration?

Kanacki

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12793

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Good Afternoon Kanacki,

In brief ,

"why no has ever presented reliable evidence that this event tossing Documents into a crowd ever happened. "

I think that answer lies in two letters written in late 1730 :) of which they are stored in France.

"Only much later authors claimed this"

perhaps it took a while for someone to find them while sifting through old documents?

cache n rum.

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12794

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello hidden Rum.

Yes many authors have claimed the documents exist but none have proved it. Like with all research if no one can confirm the claims then the research has no validity.

Then it would be a big discovery indeed if some one had clear photographs of the real 1730 documents detailing Le Buze tossing documents into the crowd.

As that is the first logical step of presenting any credible research with this story. Prove that I guarantee you people will sit up and take notice. A real coup indeed.

Kanacki

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12797

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Guess I best be on my way over to France then :-)

There is potential of another document , if not out of context which predates his death confirms many things and would be to me the ultimate smoking gun and more powerful document than the papers to the crowd , best I leave inferring alone now ;-)

Cache n rum.

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12798

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Rum

Seems like you finding some good stuff then.

So France it is then...

Coffee?

Kanacki

Re: Find my treasure who can? 6 years 11 months ago #12799

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hi Kanacki,

:laugh: coffee sounds good , but way way to early for me.

Perhaps you should have coffee with a good friend of yours , he keeps it real , level and grounded. :)

cache n rum
  • Page:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate