Welcome, Guest
(140 Viewing)  (140) Guest

TOPIC: Some lost treasure tales are true

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 2 weeks ago #12675

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello Don Jose

I think you would of enjoyed the trip to Sacambaya. I should write more about the site. The alleged monastery of Plazula was very misleading. It took a hell of a time as well as other to convince Crow that it was not a monastery at the site. I should post more on the topic.

I suspect that the Tayopa site is somewhat very similar mining operation. The Jesuits were not physically involved with mining. They I believe was involved in ore processing. The various mines in the area owned by various Spanish miners would cart their ore either by donkey, mule or slung cable car pulley system from mines high up in the cliff faces. The collection point was at the meeting point of the Sacambaya river and the river Kato. There was about 15 mines around the hills around Sacambaya.

I suspect you will find Tayopa a little like Sacambaya with no large large monastery but perhaps a small out church or chapel. But with no full time Jesuit living there. However they had business interests in processing the ore in separating various impurities from the ore. I believe some of the early Jesuits were of Prussian origin and had skills in chemistry and discovered a leaching process long before it was officially discovered. However I will write more on that topic later in the Sacambaya post.

Anyway I would think you would of gotten a lot out of a visit to Sacambaya because it almost mirrors your own site of Tayopa.

Kanacki
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Kanacki. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12716

Kanacker my compadre. here -->

www.treasurelore.com/florida/treasure_news3.htm?referer=www.clickfind.com.au

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12718

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Don Jose

Thank you for the link. It is a welcome break from doing my taxes. With all those fantastic discoveries it has almost got my treasure hunting blood boiling again. Hmm keep that up my friend and I have to go for a little sea trip to my island. ;)

Er... if I can convince the other half...that is.

Kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12723

hi mi compadre y buddy Kanacker, Usual coffee first, Hmmm ?? I thought that you had already recovered that treqsure as well as Bully's?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12727

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Don Jose

I indeed do have found a great treasure my friend, 4 sons 4 daughters, 4 great grandson and 4 granddaughters and one patient very understanding other half...

Indeed I know the location but alas unable to strike a deal with present chief the land it is on. He does not truck white men even a well tanned blue eyed bare footed beach bum Kanaka.So it is waiting game to see who dies first.

As for Bully my friend there is more treasure in the pockets of tourists than what was in that old scallywags pockets.

However he is fun boogie on the island character to make little way would scallywags behave.

Kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12742

Errr Kancacer, since I will outlive both of you, why not pass on the details of the precise location ?? huh, huh ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 7 years 1 week ago #12746

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Don Jose

With a job project proposal Hardluck offered me a share in you might just? B)

Kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 11 months ago #13029

Geeze it has been a whole month since any of us posted in here, my excuse is that I am just a dead beat tropical Tramp, your's
???

Err about the rat recipe etc????

You also posted --> With a job project proposal
~~~~~~~~
Are you actually talking about physical work? If so, you are disbarred, a traitor to Tropical Tramps..

Get back to holy stoning the decks of that beautiful 'Drum Beat'.

Crow tells me that you have finally mastered the spit in the palm of your hand, then slap your hands together navigation ???True?? He says that you go by the "if we keep going 'that a way' we will hit land.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 10 months ago #13123

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Don everyone.

I have not posted for awhile as I have been at sea. I stopped at Vanuatu arrived at Cairns then down to Townsville. My tribe is at Crows place. We intent to sail on the tide at 530. this morning. Had a good yack to Crow and Hardluck. I will try to keep looking in and post while I can as we sail around the western pacific.. tomorrow I will be setting a course for Kingman reef then on to New Caledonia. onto the beautiful isle of pines... And yes I navigate to perhaps to where the fair wind blows us?

Take care my friends.

Kanacki
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Kanacki. Reason: spelling

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 10 months ago #13125

Be extremely careful on the entry to Noumea, The reefs are strewn with wrecks of ships whose Capt's were too overconfident.. I used to bomb them during the war to keep in top proficiency. 10 mil average.
I was on ile Nou . Have a picture of the Church - Cathedral, from that period.

I have forgotten the address of the lil French gal that I occasionally dated.

Have fun my friends.

Don jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13468

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
Still cruising, Kanacki? I'm Jonesing for some of you and Tayoper's treasure tales. :( :whistle:

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13472

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Judy

Just dropping a line. We are in Suva Fiji waiting for some new sails to be shipped out to us. The crew and I have been busy doing one of the many odd jobs around the vessel. That and partying. Suva is not the best part of the pacific for that as it is more an administrative capital, but does have better dock facilities than a lot of small islands.

This morning me, my misses and crow and his girlfriend are going to be picked up by a Cessna float plane and taken to a remote island where we will camp over night and take a little look for an alleged buried treasure. If anything it is just a chance for a little side adventure.

Anyway Judy I hope your keeping Don Jose on his toes.....Has he written anymore of his book yet or do we have crack the whip on him,.

Kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13478

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Sounds like fun, Kanack, send me a postcard. ;) :)

That stinkin' Tayoper has snuck off again as well....and I haven't seen a page yet. We are gonna have to do something about him real soon, lol. :P

Am green with envy! Take care and have fun!!

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13519

OK Kanacker & La fiendish Judy, I'll have you know that I have finished page 11, so there. As for your droolie voyage in La beautiful "Drum Beat" sigh.

Was off line because they canceled my internet connection, and after not being notified and fighting my modem for 2 days I decided that it had given up the ghost an d picked up another one. Again after two days with no success it was determined that the new modem was defective ???

sheehs No fingernails left, so how can I scratch my gal's backs.---Bill, I have an oriental bamboo back scratcher so you can do yer own back scratchin.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13521

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
A likely story. :whistle:

It's about time you showed up. The dust had settled so thickly over this thread I almost didn't find it.

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13522

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Don't forget the cobwebs.....

Maybe some blue water dreaming will blow them away....

I do have a yarn from the south seas to tell ya...from a couple of tropical tramps in Suva But I am rigging my new sails up. The girls have been up in the rigging working and doing it with ease which would put many a man to shame. Friday it will be time to lift anchor and haul ass to our next destination.

So check this space...

kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13525

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Now you have ME biting my nails... :woohoo:

I will be waiting with the popcorn. ;) :cheer:

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13526

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
BTW....I've been out of the loop for awhile, so could someone fill me in on the problems I am having posting pics since I got back? :unsure:

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13527

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Bulla from Fiji JudyH

A fair wind blows across the trackless ocean my friend

As for the site you best to ask wreckdiver. It appears the site had crashed and many posts was lost. I do not know the tech details ... I am flat out typing these days.

But if any of you are up for an old yarn or two...

The drumbeat has been in Suva awaiting new sails as the new sails I had was of very poor quality and in a short time the martial started to come apart everywhere. Poor Crow and my misses was in forecastle workshop trying to repair the sewing machine sewing patches over sails that was coming apart at the seems. dropping square sails at sea in brisk swell was dangerous and back breaking work.

We was going to stop from Australia at Elisabeth reefs and visit the wreck of the Runic but we were running on a brisk south west wind. it was frustrating as our news sails we falling apart. lucky we had in the sail locker our old sails. The brig has in all Me my wife, Crow, my Son and His wife my Grandson 2 Of my daughters and 6 girls from the island from 19 to 26. in all 14 of us. The girls are part of a Melanesian dance group.

So I ordered a new set of sails from another company. trouble was for good quality triple stitched square rigged sails take time. we first made to Nadi on Fijian west coast at the port and marina. The people was very nice there. The Girls even gave Melanesian hula dance version to the dancers at the resorts there. However we could no stay there was the port there is in heavy used by cruise ships. So we motor sailed around the south cost of Fiji to Suva.

So we have delayed in Suva for a few weeks awaiting new sails to shipped out. We could not stay long at the dock We made good use of our time working in morning fine tuning the drumbeat, repairs and patience. lunch by 11 working day over swim in the lagoon or wander through the capital of Suva. the misses and girls of course made some good contacts in Suva. Through the Church and local hotels as they arranged for Melanesian night at one of the hotels. In the spirit of Pacific islanders sharing cultural dances. The hotel loved it and for us was free birth for the Drum beat at the Hotel which had their own pier. We had a small entourage of curious locals looking at the drumbeat.

One thing I can guarantee you nothing spreads faster than the coconut radio. Now we have faded into the island rhythms. Suva is the capital of Fiji and industrial center if you could call it that. no so much the tourist part of Fiji. We sort of kept out of the local intrigue even so we had little visit from the local police magistrate who had dinner at the hotel. However it has been all good.The people have lived up to the name friendly isles. However I had the warn the girls about dress standards in Fiji is rather conservative not like Melanesian and other parts of Polynesia.

Poor Crow his woman friend seem to getting on strong with him until he told her he was off to sail around the pacific for 6 months.... Naturally she did not take it well, especially when she saw all the younger women on the brig. But Crow told her he was changed man, it was just business. So off he sailed off with us...on one last adventure over the eastern sunrise.

Crow is a traveler by heart there is blood of a gypsies that flows through his veins. His relationships with women have been torrid as you cannot cage an albatross.... Unless your a kindred spirit then fly with him or let him go.....

My Wife and I secretly arranged for her to Surprise Crow when we were in Fiji and picked her up at the airport at Suva. Crow had been working on engines down in the engine room of Drumbeat all day. It was stinking hot. We Came back to Drumbeat in the afternoon with Crow's woman friend ..... it all went horribly wrong.....Crow and 2 of the girls exhausted after working in the morning down in the cramped engine room had crashed asleep out on the large ten person net hammock that was rigged across the forecastle with a tarp for a sun shade over the top.after drinking rum. for lunch

So there he was old tropical tramp Crow himself straw hat and old pair of cut off jeans as shorts shirtless as brown as a native asleep with two island girls in bikinis asleep one in each arm and empty bottle of rum....Snoring with a grin from ear to ear

It as you can imagine this site of Crow did not impress his women friend and a domestic boiled over and for the rest of well we all bailed on poor crow.... Busted.... But... but....

We all had retreated below.Not to say I had restrain the misses from putting a glass to the wall. Poor Crows love life became later the topic of crew and ongoing Joke of sort...

But Crow to his credit smoothed things over as it looked worse than what really was... And My love of my life manged to talk and in her mixed gentle Polynesian way calmed the storm between them. Such is the passions in the tropics my friends.

Crow however spent the next week and a half with his lady love in the resort where we was anchored at. So it all came good our sojourn in Suva in the tropic seas. We have finished with re rigging the sails and restocked supplies.

I will as well as the crew will be glade to sail on as Suva after a few days there is not much to do...and lacks the tourism as Nadi on the west coast. However like all wayward backwater places of the Pacific it runs to their own rhythms of wind and waves. And yet even in this rather conservative port....

There is a treasure legend tale or two to tell my friends....

Such is the way of the South Seas my friends.

To be continued....

Kanacki
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Kanacki. Reason: spelling

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 6 years 8 months ago #13530

• Unicorn
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 2
Kanacki.....Your post was really a joy to read, I envy the life you must be enjoying at the minute in spite of the hard work it must be. Although I might add that it seems to be those beautiful young women that are doing the hard work :) Your descriptions bring the magic of those islands to us all. I bet Don Jose is eating his heart out at nor being their with you, especially with all of those pretty young 'maidens' ( he does luv a pretty young gal don't you know) I think he must be having a lot of problems with his computer, because his posts are very few at the moment.

Gosh! how I wish that I was young again, I would have loved being with with you all. But if you carry on sending those great descriptive posts, I can at least be with you in my imagination.

Thank you so much

Unicorn.

p.s. hope Crow and his lady friend have 'made up' that was funny to read
it's never too late
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate