Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(124 Viewing)  (123) Guest

TOPIC: Some lost treasure tales are true

Some lost treasure tales are true 5 years 10 months ago #14634

gosh thanks Kanacki, but I just finished off huge serving of fresh Lagoon shrimp along with Hacha Clams with spicy Mango sauce. topped off with fresh green coconut juice with a bit of musky, earthy flavor of boot leg Mescal

A rain check possible ???

p.s. Just was wondering if like Crow, Kanakl has enough lead in his pencil to finish writing his memoirs.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Don Jose de La Mancha.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some lost treasure tales are true 5 years 10 months ago #14636

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
"Herbal Rice and fish snapper sushi? Fresh from the sea caught 2 hours ago. Lunch is served on the deck of the drumbeat. As she sits in the lagoon facing the mountain of the sleeping lady?"

Good Evening Kanacki ,
I do hope you left the "Bad Manners" out at sea?

Some lost treasure tales are true 5 years 10 months ago #14638

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello Cache and Rum.

My wine stock is rather low these days. But as to custom we always take the time to share..

Kanacki Join me?

Some lost treasure tales are true 5 years 10 months ago #14639

• cache n rum
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hi Kanacki ,

I think going by that lunch and setting described , how could anyone refuse.
But for settings like those it would be a tad inappropriate if i were not able to provide a yarn of my own for afters , alas these tales take forever and a day to do them justice.
So , like Don Jose , i would ask for a rain cheque
or i could just bring over a 10yr old Laphroaig for your stock.
Anyway , good to see you back online again.

cache n rum

Some lost treasure tales are true 3 years 10 months ago #17068

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
My apologies everyone

Kind of been distracted elsewhere these days I have been lurking in the North Pacific , Vladivostok in Russia. Northern Japan
and island chain to the east back to the Ladrones. It has been amazing and people everywhere has been very friendly after all who does not like and old tall ship paying a visit?

Had a cracked spar in Vladivostok and the naval local training base present us with a new spar a who army of volunteers to help install it. When we had first arrived we had about 50000 visitor came down to look at the drumbeat. After much cultural exchanges sailed off the the sting of volcanic islands off northern Japan that leads up to kamchacka the wildest place on earth

Amazing Amazing Amazing....

Kanacki
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH

Some lost treasure tales are true 3 years 10 months ago #17071

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
Welcome back, Kanacki! You have been missed. :)

Some lost treasure tales are true 3 years 10 months ago #17073

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hello Judy H

Its my pleasure. I have the pleasure of announcing I have another grandchild on the way. My second oldest son is a skipper of a sailing charter schooner out of Thailand. He and his wife is expecting their first child. That will make 9 grand kids.

I have an interesting time with second youngest Son at the moment. He is learning to be a skipper but still have a a way to go learning how to lead and get the best in people. He has made some poor decisions at sea. While he capable of sailing a tall ship., his fiery temper gets the better of him as a good sailing crew looks to the skipper for leadership not working under fear of his wreathe.

He has lost face as 3 or 4 times I have stepped in and over ridden his command of the vessel. Which as you could imagine has humiliated him in front of the Crew. It you want respect as a captain you have to earn it. You cannot sail a ship on ego, it is a hard lesson for a father to teach his son.

Yet a interesting voyage it has been and most of all actually visiting and island off the Russian coast which was a rendezvous point for American whaling ships in the 1850s. It was a story connected to later events during the American civil war led me to seldom visited island in the windswept volcanic archipelago of the The Kuril Islands.

Kanacki

Re: Some lost treasure tales are true 2 years 7 months ago #18875

• GNeve
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Kanacki wrote:
Hello again.

The bar is open. So pull up a stool

I will Just give you idea and scope on how vast the Pacific Ocean is by the following picture. As you can see from space at a certain angle you could almost not see any land.Distance and time melts away in these regions. You begin to see the isolation before the voyages of discovery by white men. However in all that isolation mankind managed to migrate across the vast pacific and develop into amazing cultures on tiny specks of land in the big blue planet.

This is a region of the sea peoples. And because of isolation they were one of the last of the neolithic stone age people to develope. As the rest of the world has changed with techology the sea people because of the isolation evolved much slower.

Nan Madol as amazing as it is....It is not the remains of the lost land of MU as much as the conspiracy people believe. The ruins are simular to what early neolithic man was contructing in Europe 2000 years earlier. For the remote sea peoples this era of stone age era was still evolving in the 13th to 16th century. Given another few hundred years they would have been building small pyrimids simular to central and South America. But it neaver happened because they were discovered by white exlorers who brought metal working and diseases with them that forever changed those remote neolithic societies.

It is no wonder that 19th century academics speculated lost civilization and culture and the theory of a sunken land. The source of the Platinum story about Japanese divers recovering a lost tomb with giant skelentons in Platinum coffins was evolved through hearsay. Sadly it was written about by a creative newspaper man in 1949 that never been to the island and sexed up the story of Nan Madol with the story about the platinum Coffins.

Of course by the 1970's Eric von Daniken wrote I think from memory Gold of Gods still using the same ancient astronaut theme and help populise the myth that Nan Madol was part of a lost land inhabited by aliens.Beat up the story also. As well as many popular authors of the time.

Care to join me?

To be continued....Kanacki This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

First of all I want to say i'm a new member here, and am very happy i found this little corner on the interwebs.
Its Nan Madol that drew me to this website. And i found so much more interesting stories people & mysteries.

Now to the Nan Madol story i was tracking and researching, came up to me by a chance discovery on youtube.

It was a video by a local photographer/videographer from the Cianjur Distrik in West Java Indonesia, titled:
"MEGALITHIC SITE of Gunung Padang Pyramid Temple West java indonesia"

When i was looking at the footage, i was awestruck! And i had the feel that i had seen the same type of construction before...
I had to dig deep in my youtube history, and then i found it... A documentary on a place called Nan Madol in Micronesia.

Since then i stumbled on this website, and there are now more videos available on the Gunung Padang complex. And there is still a lot more to be discovered there. So i just wanted to share this with at least the user called Kanacki, since he had done so much research on Nan Madol. Isn't it bizarre that the same type of very specific and unique building method is used in two very diverse and distant places with about 6.000 Km between them.... What do you folks think? Is there a connection between these to cultures?

Here is another youtube video on Gunung Padang:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate