Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(105 Viewing)  (105) Guest

TOPIC: Tri-centennial book for 1715 Fleet salvage

Tri-centennial book for 1715 Fleet salvage 4 years 8 months ago #14847

• signumops
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag. I have a book in progress that I want to get off the press by the first week of January, 2015, the tri-centennial year of the 1715 Plate Fleet travail. Actually, I'd really like to have it ready by Xmas. At any rate, we need to have it on hand for the 2015 FUN show in Orlando, usually the first week of January.
I have been contacting various friends and other interesting parties who have been involved in the salvage of the fleet over the last 40 years or so, to see if they have anything they would like to add. Stories, photos, and timeline updates. The book, being done by myself, and Tommy Gore is going to be a Rainbow Chasers sort of revisit, but in depth this time round, with contributions from a number of other salvors, archaeologists, and treasure collectors. It's a big story, with many angles, many actors, and it runs over a fairly long period of time (well, since 1715, at least!)
If you have some material you would like to add, let me know. Photos must be YOUR photos, or photos you have been given. We need to know who provided the photos, preferably who took the photos and when. Pics of boats and crews are very interesting... please identify the crew members in the photos. All contributors will get a byline, with photo credits, and the right to purchase copies at the production price. This will be a color book, probably 8.5 inch by 11 inch format (not certain about that just yet... might use 6 inch by 9 inch instead). It will also be a kindle book on Amazon. Be aware that contributors will NOT be entitled to kindle copies, only rights to purchase print copies at the production price. You will have to foot the shipping bill yourself as well.
This book is about the people involved in the salvage, what they did, when they did it, and where they did it. Also history of the various endeavors involved, government's role in the business, with a focus on some of the watershed events of the story throughout.
You do not have to be a writer, you only need a story to tell. I would rather not accept paper prints or negatives, but I do have the means to scan slides, photos, negatives and contact sheets. It would be easier for you to send me digital images, of at least 300 dpi, if possible. Images of documents need not be that level of resolution; they only need to be legible. Log sheets, for example, don't have to be 300 dpi.
The 300th anniversary will only come around once, and there are several folks planning on having seminars, ect., in 2015 where the book would find an audience aside from normal online sales.
Contact me for details. Terry Armstrong sends
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tri-centennial book for 1715 Fleet salvage 4 years 3 months ago #15579

• capthawk
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 4
The Rainbow Chasers Tricentennial Yearbook by T.L. Armstrong & Tommy Gore made its debut at the 2015 FUN Convention with Terry selling all copies he had on hand!

This is not a re-print of the original Rainbow Chasers - it is an all new version with striking photos and new stories. Many of the photos have never been i print. A very real, very true compilation of 1715 Fleet salvage work.

The word is Terry and Tommy will be at the upcoming Treasure Hunters Cookout in Wabasso Florida to sign copies.

Yes - Gold Hawg Treasure and our Pelican is in there - thank you Tommy and Terry! And thank you also for all the memories the stories and photos bring to mind and a few new tips on where to look..........
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by capthawk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, thetigers2, ropesfish
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate