Welcome, Guest
(79 Viewing)  (79) Guest

TOPIC: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story

Re: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story 6 years 5 months ago #10264

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
AN APPLICATION OF UNCONVENTIONAL RESEARCH, PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY:

Some of you may think of me as a Nut case headed for the Looney Bin. O.K. I accept that, but fortunately my life is not influenced by other's opinions.

With due respect to other's research methods, I sometimes become curious about past events & places for information that is not readily available through documented Archival research so I try to utilize my mind to tap into what appears to be a universal knowledge. The information obtained in this manner has proven correct for me many times so I cannot doubt the power of the human mind. Yesterday, I had a thirst for knowledge about 1715 shipwreck finds in the vicinity of Sebastian IInlet, Fl. so I did some psychic research. This is a brief of the results for those who may be interested in considering the possibility?

Years ago, Treasure Salvor STEVE SHOUPPE, called me and asked if I would come down to Sebastian and check a specific area of the Sand dunes for buried chests. I didn't know Steve at that time, but he gave the impression that just off the beach he had recovered what appeared to him as a private collection of varied dated coins that pre-dated the 1700's, as well as a Gold crest from a chest.

I checked his designated section of dunes South of Sebastian Inlet, with my equipment and did not detect Gold or Silver. Steve said there was another place he knew where chests were buried, and we followed him to about a mile north of the inlet where we stopped in front of a house that I recognized as being where Mel Fisher, held a party in which I was invited 2 years before. Steve, pointed out the dunes North of the house and said he knew there were chests buried. I replied I didn't think there were any chests buried in the dunes but there may be chests of Silver buried across on the west side of the road (A1A). I also pointed South to the ocean that I believed there were Bronze cannon. Steve seemed bewildered, as I further explaind they are from a shipwreck that is scattered over a 5 square mile area.

I happened to have the Nautical chart I had mentally plotted 2 years before and layed it out on the hood of the Bronco. I showed Steve, where I had marked Bronze cannon as being. Again, Steve seemed bewildered and asked me 3 times why I thought Bronze cannons were there. I repeated, that I did not know if there were any Bronze cannon there, that it was something I was mentally picking up and had marked those possible locations on the chart for future reference. Steve, then told me there were Bronze cannon there where I had marked and that it was his lease area and that he had found them and placed State ID tags on them.

Since Goho (Greg Bounds) cannon find South of Sebastian Inlet, isabellasea's jewelry find, and Signup's efforts to plot Steve Shouppe's glory hole, I was curious to learn if there is any connection. Here is what my mind is telling me from viewing the Google Earth photo's of the area;

Steve Shouppe's finds and Greg Bounds cannon are connected to the same shipwreck. Steve believed his coin collection came from Ubilla's Almiranta. I see this also. According to Google distance, the ship sank appx.6/10 mile South of the inlet. The scatter pattern extends northward to the inlet.

Isabellasea's jewelry find appears to me to have been aboard another 1715 ship wrecked on the beach about 1 and 1/10 mile South of the inlet. It's wreckage is scattered from the beach, under A1A, almost to the Indian River. Could this be Ubilla's Capitana? Dell
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Dell Winders.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story 5 years 1 month ago #14067

• Sommy
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Dell,
With the proven and assumed scatter trails and patterns, was the hurricane south and west of the fleet? or could the trail have been created from later storms?
What was the normal draft of the treasure carrying ships?
How much wave surge would you get? By this I mean the peak to trough change in elevation.
Would the Gulf Stream speed up or slow down during a storm?
How far away from the storm (Griffon) would be safe to continue on your way? Would the Griffon leaving the main fleet 2 days prior to the storm have given it a separation of 50 miles? 100 miles? or 150 miles?
With the counter current of the Gulf Stream close to shore would that have slowed down the ships or had any effect on them during the storm?
How much do you think the reefs have changed in the last almost 300 years? How much would they have grown? or eroded?
I ask this because of a shipwreck in the Dominican Republic. I believe wave action still moves ballast stones from where the ship came to rest. This is because of how scattered the stones are and the limit of stones to a certain area. There are not enough stones total to make up a small ship's ballast. The draft was assumed to be 16 feet, wave action plus and minus 10 feet, and a rising seafloor makes the contact point most likely to be in a recently magged area with gudgeon and other parts within 200 meters. I was wondering if people have taken the same approach to work backwards to the most likely impact point to determine the best places to look for the cargo.
Coin, silver splash discs, some Mayan Jade figurines, and other artifacts place the wreck in the mid-1500's. One coin ensures it is not the San Miguel, as well as land based archaeology verifying an native settlement in the area. The San Miguel was to have wrecked near a deserted beach and was supposed to be fully salvaged.
Lastly the artifact scatter pattern looks like a vortex on its side. A smaller scatter pattern near the north and then wide areas at the south. the sides on the south are truncated as if the shoreline receded or the island sank 4 to 8 feet. Both are likely as over the past 450 years many earthquakes have moved the area.

Re: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story 5 years 1 month ago #14083

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hi Sommy, It's great to hear from you.

A lot of 1715 fleet archival research, theories and debates regarding wind directions, speed, ship locations, etc, can be found on TNET, posted by knowledgeable researchers.

By doing my research psychically, I don't have the guess work, expense, and physical limitations of Archival research & theory, so I really have no reason to waste my time on the finite details. Determining the location, and plotting the scatter pattern on the Google Sat photos and Nautical charts is all that is necessary for me to go direct to the location and determine if my Psychic Research is correct. It will either be there as plotted, or my information is totally wrong, and I can move on to the next location and no more time or money is wasted.

I have suggested in the past that information regarding the ship carrying the Queen's Jewels, might be found in the Vatican Archives, and that it was a Clandestine operation with the ship secretly leaving ahead of the 1715 fleet sailing under a Portuguese flag. I believe that ship to be in the Bahamas, sank and filled with sand whil at anchorI count 14 ships connected with the 1715 fleet, not 12 as being promoted. I am picking up 2 of the 1715 fleet in the Douglas beach area, South of Ft. Pierce, as well as another Treasure ship that is not associated with the 1715 fleet?

At Jupiter Inlet I see 1 shipwreck on the North side of the Inlet, and 2 shipwrecks on the South side of the Inlet. One of these was carrying Treasure salvaged from The Marvilla, in the Bahamas.

A couple of things to consider in your evaluation is there may be little, or no ballast on a ship heavy laden with Treasure. When Tons of Sliver bars were transported these were usually used for ballast, and are usually found near the Keel of the ship.

Another thing I see researchers fail to acknowledge is that even in the past 150 years the oceans have risen dramatically. The shore line could have easily been 1000 or more yards out beyond the present day shore line. This is one of the factors I consider when plotting the wreck and scatter pattern.

Regarding your other questions, of course Storm waves and hurricanes over the centuries can move wreckage and ballast stones . Water spouts over shallow water can do this also.

I hope this helps. Are you involved with the DR salvage?

If you need to contact me, my phone number is 863 422 5454. As always, wishing the best fot you. Dell

Re: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story 5 years 1 month ago #14085

• Sommy
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Not to hijack the thread, but I get to go diving with the DR crew whenever I am down there, which means on my vacations during June. We have found lots of indicators of where the ship is, but hadn't nailed it down til last September when the money ran out and the principal investors are not going to put more money in til a new contract is signed. We should find out by April. Will you be heading to the cookout on the 26th? I will make it this year.

Re: The 1715 Plate Fleet Story 5 years 4 weeks ago #14109

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Sommy, I have been having a very rough time trying to survive some bad medication. Evrything is iffy from one day to the next.

If it is at all possible I will be at the cookout. You are the incentive for me to be there. I want very much to meet you.

Thank you for asking. Dell
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate