Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(109 Viewing)  (109) Guest

TOPIC: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster

300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 10 months ago #3100

• 1715man
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello Folks I am new to this website. I am 1715man. As you can see, my focus is the 1715 Fleet. I started collecting Fleet cobs in January, 2004. In 2008 I was part of a small group of Fleet historians and educators who formed the 1715 Fleet Society. My contribution to the group was not my knowledge but my enthusiasm. This group is dedicated to commemorating the 300th anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster. We created a website that is a repository of Fleet related material all for the purpose of promoting education and awareness. I was invited by one of your members to view your website and was very impressed with the knowledge of your members.

I noticed after reviewing your site that a member asked whether or not anything was being done to commemorate the 300th anniversay of the 1715 Fleet Disaster. That is what prompted me to register. I am very pleased to become a member of this forum. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. If you wish to visit the Society's website just Google 1715 Fleet Society and we will pop up.

Our agenda is strictly education and awareness. We are not a for profit organization. This is a labor of love. However, I am also not that computer savvy but did my very best to create a website that people will enjoy visiting. I am open to any suggestions that you may have. We have received many.....some we incorporated and some we could not (for various reasons). But all are welcome.

I am honored to be a memeber of your group. Best Regards, I remain..........1715 man
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate