Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(52 Viewing)  (52) Guest

TOPIC: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster

300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 8 months ago #3114

• 1715man
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello Wreckdiver and White Feather Thank you very much for your kind comments. The Fleet Society website was designed for the purpose of education and awareness. I am delighted that you found the Photo Gallery and the educational material worthwhile.

I am constantly gathering information for the site, such as scholarly articles and archival material. At the moment I am working on an oral history project for the site. I am conducting interviews with some of the folks involved in Fleet salvaging or research from the early days. These individuals have a lot of stories to tell. They also have material in their personal papers that has never been seen for decades. One of my good friends that I would often call was Lou Ullian. He would share stories and anecdotes that were priceless. I was fortunate enough to see his personal journal that he kept in the early days of Fleet recovery. Fascinating book. It had a complete listing of all items found, dates, amounts, locations. The journal had hand drawn maps and longitudes and latitudes of shipwrecks. I posted a page in the Archival section of the website. This is the kind of material I am trying to preserve before it is lost to history and their authors are dead.

Anyway, thanks so much for your input. Best Regards, I remain......1715 man
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5671

• 1715man
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello all. Just wanted to mention that the 1715 Fleet Society will have a booth at the FUN Show in Orlando next week. Our table number is 544. Please stop by and say hello. I would love to meet some of you who have an interest in the upcoming 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster. We will have some educational materials to pass out and you will be able to see some of our products first hand. I will be "on the floor', so to speak, on Thursday and Friday as I search for treasure. My co - director will be "manning the ship" on Thursday and Friday, I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. But, if you stop by and I am not there just have someone at the table call me on my cell and I will hurry over to say hello, Best Regards, I remain......1715 man.

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5672

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
When is that, next weekend? And where? I would like to attend. Steve in Sarasota.

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5794

• 1715man
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Stevemc Please forgive my delay in responding. I have been traveling and just recently accessed my e mails. The FUN Show is from Jan 5 to the 8th here in Orlando. It is a great place to meet and greet folks from the treasure community. If you can make it you will not be disappointed. Best Regards, I remain.........1715 man

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5795

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 380
B) Location? Location? Location? Address? :laugh:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5808

• 1715man
  • Treasure Hobbyist
White Feather So sorry. Location is Orlando,FL, at the Orange County Convention Center. South Concourse B

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5826

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
You guys coming to Jersey in March or April to the dive show

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5847

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Good idea Blackbeard... Do you know when the Dive Show is this year?

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5858

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Yes

March 23-25 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center Secaucus Nj

go to www.google.com put in beaneath the sea.

Great show last year I met Pat Clyne who helped Mel Fisher find the Atocha he had a gold chain from the Atocha which I wore and held. Wow I had goose Bumps from it.

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5865

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, I will mark it on my calendar and try to get out there... I've heard its a great show. :)

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5868

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I been meaning to get into the dive game. Every month I get hit with a bill either car, doctor vacation everytime never fails got to start at least with lessons and dive equipment 1000 bucks

Re: 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster 7 years 3 months ago #5869

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 163
Blackbeard, not sure what the PADI open water dive classes cost these days, but when I got certified back in the day it was a couple hundred bucks. I would not worry about dive gear just yet, get that PADI card first, and you can always rent the gear you need once your certified.
Granted, the dive shop you use to get your training are in business to make money, and yes they will try to sell you all the equipment they think you will need. However, the only things you should worry about owning in the near term would be mask, snorkel and regulator. I recommend that you buy these new once you have completed your training.
Other than that, you can find some good deals buying used gear at a fraction of the cost of buying new. In many cases the gear may have only been used a couple of times.
I always like to try a new piece of equipment before I buy it, and have found that renting before buying is the way to go.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate