Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(93 Viewing)  (93) Guest

TOPIC: Gold Pelican of the 1715 Fleet

Gold Pelican of the 1715 Fleet 6 years 8 months ago #9195

• capthawk
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi all..have been a bit off the posting lately. You might recall in 2010 Mom and I on the Gold Hawg found the Gold Pelican of Piety at Douglas Beach - just south of Ft. Pierce, Fl.

To bring from the sea a find like that is something I dreamed of but never could have imagined the reality. We have continued the diving, last year putting in a good amount of days but without much of note. We are pleased to announce that now the Gold Pelican has been sold to a private collector. I have really quite frankly been unable to concentrate on continuing with the hunt without a conclusion so to speak of this last find.

All I can say is dream, research, search and when you find -- carry it on -- dream, research, and search-- the obligation, the job, doesn't stop when you come ashore --- the find will always stay in your heart, the treasure should continue its journey. I wanted to hold that golden bird from the time I found it but it has changed my thoughts forever ..... we are so much smaller than even the smallest coin we find ... we are but a small moment in its history and I hope that I can remember to do my small part well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gold Pelican of the 1715 Fleet 6 years 8 months ago #9196

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 107
Well said Bonnie! Good Luck this year.
Aquanut

Re: Gold Pelican of the 1715 Fleet 6 years 8 months ago #9203

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 163
Congratulations on the sale of the Gold Pelican Bonnie, and thanks for the words of encouragement. It can often be a disheartening experience when we go through those dry spells, even after making the big find. However, that seems to be a part of the process that most of us have to go through and I know that you have your heart set on finding the rest of the Gold Pelican.
Keep the faith Bonnie, and keep up the hunt and know that we are all pulling for you in the continuation of the hunt. It seems only fitting that you should be the one to find the rest of the Pelican.

Give your mom a hug for me!

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by wreckdiver.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate