Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(102 Viewing)  (102) Guest

TOPIC: What is this?

What is this? 8 years 6 months ago #4885

• Rangerjoe
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I hope someone can help me figure out what this is. (I hope I can figure out how to upload the photos!)
This was found in a creek bed just outside of Douglassville, PA. I hope the pictures do it justice. To say I was excited is quite the understatement. I am new to metal/treasure detecting community. A friend in Germany gave me the bug, it was a target rich environment. Without leaving the base there was two wars of buried objects. Our base in Bamberg, Germany, Warner Kaserne had a complete Panzer MkIV buried along with engines and transmissions. Machine guns, helmets and just about everything an army uses was found every trip. I was spoiled.
Twenty years later I am starting in it again. I had some bad luck in Iraq and am now medically retired. Getting out and walking will be real good for me. I am looking for someone to go detecting with. I just bought a Bounty Hunter Land Star. I don't know if this is a good one or not. I have the time and I just bought a new four wheel drive truck to go play with. I live in Vancouver, WA so if there is anyone interested please contact me.
Any information you can offer me on this artifact would be appreciated. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It triangular in shape, and it's obvious where it was secured to a handle. I think it is a war hammer/axe type of object. I have more photos but don't know how to include more than one. I could text them if anyone was interested.
Thanks
joe
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Rangerjoe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What is this? 8 years 5 months ago #5298

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
I think you nailed it...
Love like there is no tomorrow!

Re: What is this? 8 years 5 months ago #5308

• Jeep
  • Treasure Enthusiast
I agree with tee, I think you already have the answer.

Thanks for your service, I used to do a lot of metal detecting in Germany also and found some good stuff.
I think you will enjoy that Landstar, it's a good machine when you get used to it. I have had mine for a
year or two and am really getting to love it. I think my other machines are getting jealous :laugh:

Re: What is this? 8 years 4 months ago #6282

If you found that in PA, i have some stone tools that i picked up in an antique store for a song, 42 pieces including a few ax heads, similar to yours, and a skull cracker. 1 piece was dated around 9500 BC, an atlatl dart point,single barb..Any way they came from Lancaster PA. All the ax heads i have are full grooved like yours in the picture. Yours might be to big to be a weapon, it looks more like a tool.

Re: What is this? 8 years 4 months ago #6283

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
A plow?

Re: What is this? 7 years 1 month ago #11933

• Kanacki
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
A pick or digging tool?

kanacki
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate