Welcome, Guest
(25 Viewing)  (25) Guest

TOPIC: Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18036

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
- continued from previous post -

Loneliness and isolation have the capacity to erode both your emotional and physical well-being.   Feeling alienated and isolated from social interaction can trigger a spiral of negative thinking about oneself – I have nothing to offer others, I’m not interesting, I’m different – and about others – everyone lies, they are all so fake, all anyone ever does is pressure me.  When you’re lonely your brain tries to make sense of why and sometimes the answers it comes up with are less than logical.  For example rather than thinking – I’m going through a tough adjustment period – you think – I don’t fit in anywhere.  These assumptions become confused with facts and the next time you work up the courage to leave the house you are more inclined to see the world through this negative lens.

As if the emotional toll weren’t enough, one only needs to Google ‘loneliness’ to find that it’s also linked to a whole slew of physical maladies such as hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure, inflammation in the body, problems with learning and memory, lower immune system, increase in the stress hormone cortisol, lower quality of sleep, and premature aging.  Yikes!

Isolation is an actual health risk so it’s important to pay attention to how your coping in the weeks and months following a loss, especially if you’re someone who tends to withdraw into oneself.  If you see yourself slipping into isolation, it’s probably best to try and find a few small ways to connect. Here are a few suggestions:

* Recognize negative thinking and the stories you are telling yourself – I’m not likable, no one wants to spend time with me, everyone else is happy, everyone else has someone they can talk to, I don’t fit in anywhere.  Refuse to buy into these stories and look for evidence to the contrary.  

* For those willing to see a therapist, Cognitive Behavioral Therapists are especially helpful when trying to combat negative thinking. Intentionally place yourself in social settings.  If your not ready to join a group, start by simply going to public places like the mall or the park.

* Avoid toxic relationships.  These relationships can affirm your worst fears about people and increase the likelihood of emotional withdrawal.

* Step out of your comfort zone – accept an invitation or initiate plans with someone. Write an email, send a Facebook message, text a family member, send a letter, or phone a friend.

* Say hello, smile, or make eye contact when walking down the street.

* Volunteer somewhere where you’re likely to have contact with other people.Join a club where people have similar interests to your own.

* Resist the urge to cancel plans or no-show.

* Ask people about themselves. Look for similarities in others, rather than differences.

* Ask for help. Try a support group. Try individual or group therapy. If one group doesn't work for you, try another.

* Make the best of your alone time; do something constructive, cathartic, therapeutic, or good for your health.

- end excerpt -

Addendum:

I'd personally like to add that the Most important of these is TALK..... to someone, anyone.

Don't let grief rob you of your voice. That little voice in your head telling you it won't help is Depression talking...and it's a big, fat, Liar. Kick it to the curb!

Now...again, I ask. Can we use our Mind, our Intent, to cure something so intangible as Emotions?

I'm betting Don Jose will have some suggestions along the line of self hypnosis. Maybe Fenix has a frequency for finding a lost happy. I'm all ears, Y'all.....the floor is yours....

:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comfortably numb, Colt82

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18037

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
I understand completely Judy You forgot to say that you are particularily vulnerable under these conditions, which your are !. For one with unsavory intentions, you can be an easy mark. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18038

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Yes Judy, hypnotism can be a tremendous help Whether professionally induced or self induced.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18039

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
So true, Joseph. Unfortunately, I fell prey to just such an individual in the very recent past. I'm happy to say that I am a quick study, at least, and cut it off in it's tracks before it went anywhere. Thank you for adding that to the list, though, as it is a very real side effect and can cost one dearly when you can least afford any more emotional havoc.

:kiss:
Last Edit: 3 years 4 days ago by JudyH.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18041

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Where would one go to find self hypnosis guided visualization/meditation CD's for such a condition, Joseph? I have searched online but found nothing useful so far. Found tons of them to lose weight or stop smoking, sheesh. At 115 lbs.soaking wet, I have no need for anything like those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18042

• fenixdigger
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 14
Leave it to you to bring in the worst dragon in the pack. It is like water, shallow or way over your head. No pill or shot can cure it, just distract you from it.
I do have some freqs that will help. NOT cure. Time and a good companion are the best hope to ease the pain down to a almost tolerate it level. In music there is the blues. Sad stuff. Beyond that is the misery 's. Listen to Mr.Banker. Misery. Consider finding something that makes you smile. You need to start filling your life with pleasant memories to sort if edge out the pain. Email me an address that I can send a CD to.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18043

• fenixdigger
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Here's your first smile. I have some drums of roof coating material here. I have been putting some clear rubber primer in 5 gal. Buckets, easier to move.
Today my daughter and 2 grandsons came over. The 3 yr old somehow got his baby hand in that stuff, went in my house to wash it off before he got caught, did I mention that only brake cleaner cuts it?
It is everywhere a 3 yr old could put his hand. Did I mention that it is VERY sticky? On the way out to ask for help, he stuck his hand in a bag of bird seed. I really can't describe what went on when his mom saw that hand. So, smile away. It was unforgettable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH, Don Jose de La Mancha, 1767

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18045

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
fenixdigger wrote:
Leave it to you to bring in the worst dragon in the pack. It is like water, shallow or way over your head. No pill or shot can cure it, just distract you from it.
I do have some freqs that will help. NOT cure. Time and a good companion are the best hope to ease the pain down to a almost tolerate it level. In music there is the blues. Sad stuff. Beyond that is the misery 's. Listen to Mr.Banker. Misery. Consider finding something that makes you smile. You need to start filling your life with pleasant memories to sort if edge out the pain. Email me an address that I can send a CD to.

Yep, well, you know me...I always go for the biggest beast first, makes the smaller ones easier to manage. Just keeping it real, as usual, my friend.

Done and done, check your email.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 4 days ago #18046

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
fenixdigger wrote:
Here's your first smile. I have some drums of roof coating material here. I have been putting some clear rubber primer in 5 gal. Buckets, easier to move.
Today my daughter and 2 grandsons came over. The 3 yr old somehow got his baby hand in that stuff, went in my house to wash it off before he got caught, did I mention that only brake cleaner cuts it?
It is everywhere a 3 yr old could put his hand. Did I mention that it is VERY sticky? On the way out to ask for help, he stuck his hand in a bag of bird seed. I really can't describe what went on when his mom saw that hand. So, smile away. It was unforgettable.

Omg! Laughing my butt off!! Ain't nothing wrong with my imagination and I don't need any help visualizing THAT scenario, lmbo! Poor baby....I trust Grampy got him all cleaned up and Mama got her heart rate back to normal, oh my lord, what a debacle that must have been. Priceless!!

:laugh:

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 13 hours ago #18061

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
This place has grown awfully quiet since I've last been active... :dry:

Maybe I shouldn't have brought up such a taboo subject. I took a chance by reviving this thread, but maybe I should just let it go and move on.

Thank you, Joseph...and Fenix...for your encouragement.

Y'all take care and keep in touch.

Later, Gators

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 11 hours ago #18062

• Senior Treasure Hunter
In no way are you going to abandon this site. I have been so busy on the Atlants research that I have neglected your requsest for hypnotic data, Stand by luv
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH, Colt82

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 11 hours ago #18064

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
No problem, Amigo, I'm keeping plenty busy trying to engineer a way to mount a trolling motor in a wire cage to my hillbilly hot tub.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 9 hours ago #18065

• Senior Treasure Hunter
What's the pooch's name ? Same color as my Poopie, now long gone.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 3 years 9 hours ago #18066

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Not my fur baby, I don't have any at the moment, though I need one. Thinking of visiting the local shelter when I get set up better. Our mutual Angel has shown me the power of adoption, and how it can change a life dramatically. She's Amazing! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colt82

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18097

• Colt82
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 5
Howdy, partners! Mind if I pull up a chair and sit a spell? Sounds like I strolled into a very meaningful, enlightened and sacred space. Just what I was looking for!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH, Don Jose de La Mancha, 1767

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18098

• fenixdigger
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
I do want to throw this out there about frequency healing. Nearly all cultures have had a " medicine man" or the equivalent. Now, using chants and rattles creates frequencies. Just like a rife machine. Who's to say we can't form these in our minds and cure ourselves?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyH, 1767, Colt82

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18100

• Senior Treasure Hunter
No one. We do thar all of the time.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18101

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Welcome my new friend. Our Mistress wil be aong shortly.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18102

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Colt82 wrote:
Howdy, partners! Mind if I pull up a chair and sit a spell? Sounds like I strolled into a very meaningful, enlightened and sacred space. Just what I was looking for!

Please Do, and Welcome! :)

We'd love to have you join us. Sir Tayopa makes the best coffee around these parts, so have a cup, we'll skootch over and make room at the bar.

Mind Over Matter: Healing by Intent 2 years 11 months ago #18103

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
fenixdigger wrote:
I do want to throw this out there about frequency healing. Nearly all cultures have had a " medicine man" or the equivalent. Now, using chants and rattles creates frequencies. Just like a rife machine. Who's to say we can't form these in our minds and cure ourselves?

I believe this wholeheartedly. The Navajo call their medicine men "Singers", who perform healing ceremonies called Sings...which consists of rituals, prayer, and chants. The chants must be performed in precisely the right way to be effective.

The Navajo interpret all human suffering as disharmony. An individual suffers because in some way, he or she has fallen out of " Harmony ".

In the same category, Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for centuries for healing and meditation purposes. They create a range of sounds to restore the normal vibratory frequencies of diseased and out-of-harmony parts of the body, mind and soul.

So, absolutely, vibratory medicine and healing frequencies have been used for centuries. Rife was only perfecting an ancient science, in my humble opinion.
Moderators: Salvor6