| 
Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(108 Viewing)  (108) Guest
Having a problem doing something in our Forums? Chances are you are not the first. View our “How to Forum Tutorial”.

TOPIC: Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17951

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone this past winter while out setting traps on my property I came across something etched on a big rock and was hoping someone may be able to interpret it it may be something or nothing at all but I'm looking forward to hearing from you all as I'm not very knowledgeable and would like to thank you all in advance for your help. I have drawn this picture of what I can make out on the rock looks this. I'm unsure of the bottom corner of the arrow on the boxes or whatever they are but the rest is pretty close to actual markings.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17952

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 126
Hello Bushsnake, let me start with welcoming you aboard TreasureWorks, it's good to have you join us here.

Looks like an interesting mystery you have. If you can, post a picture of the rock itself. I would also get a compass heading for each of the arrows on the rock as it sits.

Just out of curiosity, I would take the heading from the large arrow for 2890 paces, or about 2 kilometers depending on the topography, just to see what you may find.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by wreckdiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bushsnake

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17953

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
9 gold bars? 2890 paces in direction of the small arrow...

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17954

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello again the 2890 you see is my bad penmanship its actually 1890 I thought it might be the year it was etched and I will post a picture of the rock as soon as I get back out to take a picture.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17955

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Sure would be nice to find something good like gold bars. I'm not sure if the bottom arrow is an arrow or part of another square it not very visible anymore. will be pretty rough pacing out 1890 paces its in a field of boulders washed out of a canyon but im sure if its valuable they did what they needed to. I sure do appreciate the help from you and the Admin who posted above. also curious as to what the Karma is : ) ?

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17956

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Bushsnake a picture of the rock would be great. The experts here will help you the best they can.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17957

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I found this picture but does not show the whole rock its over 5 feet tall about as big a a Volkswagen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, unearthedassets

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17958

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
Heck, dig a hole right in front of the rock!

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17959

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
So do you all think it is a treasure marker? I had walked around and in the direction of the small arrow if that's what it is, I found a smaller rock looks like a few rings or circles about 50' away which is NE from the big rock. But could be my imagination I will post a picture when I go back. I may go today if I get a chance. Digging wont be easy as its in a field of boulders. By the way fellas I live in the Southwest (New Mexico)

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17961

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
from the details that you have provided it doesn't appear likely. More like an amature playing.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 5 months 1 week ago #17964

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Its quite possible but I think Ill keep looking, the area I live in has a good history. and if nothing else it will provide me and my grand kids good exercise and memories.

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 3 months 2 weeks ago #18198

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Any updates Bushnakes? Have you metal-detected the area around the boulder?

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 3 months 2 weeks ago #18200

• Bushsnake
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello Salvor6 yes I tried to metal detect but its really difficult due to all the boulders and the metal detector I have is a cheap one it wont detect very deep its a small plastic one. In some areas I can get the detector down to the sand but no luck. Any ideas?

Just looking for any help in the form of Marker understandings. 1 month 3 weeks ago #18571

• unearthedassets
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 6
Are you still around Bushsnake? There might be a way. I know of similar symbols. The Arrow sometimes was called a "Blaze." We should talk...