Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(68 Viewing)  (68) Guest

TOPIC: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure

Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 9 months ago #1248

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 9 months ago #1252

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
Interesting but now we're Anoraks? Okay, that one got by me. As "Peanut" would say, "eeeeeeeeyyooowwww!" :laugh:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Re: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 9 months ago #1261

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 197
Unlike this country, the British encourage metal detectorists to hunt for treasure. The finders get to keep their treasure after reporting it to the county coroner. The county gets a record of every historic artifact and where it was found. Thats all they want. In Florida the greedy state archies want it all!

Re: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 9 months ago #1262

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
True is Salvor6, we could still learn much from our brothers across the pond. The UK Treasure Trove Act is not without its problems, but is far better than the system in place in most of the US, especially Florida. I keep reading stories of how the UK government or museum's pay treasure hunters fair market values for significant finds.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 9 months ago #1290

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
B) If the powers that be are fair and honest with the guy in the field with the detector they will get a lot more recovered history. Florida could learn a great deal from the other side of the pond. I seriously doubt that Florida will catch the hint because it involves being fair and honest on their end. What incentive do we have to share our finds? Oh, that's right, Florida or Spain want it all and we get to keep the shaft of our detector if we are lucky. :blink:

Nope, I didn't find anything again. Darn, what am I doing wrong. Fresh batteries, 700HP mailbox, sidescan sonar and a 10 yard bucket crane. Surely I should find something? Ya Think? :laugh:

Share what I find fairly or compensate me fairly and I may find something, Fairly soon I suppose. :blink:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Re: Metal detectors hunt for buried treasure 8 years 5 months ago #2217

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Ha ha....I concur with White Feather! It is so hard to find anything but when I do I'll certainly notify the money grubbing government... :lol: but in reality I just love pulling up items from the past whether the item is worth anything or not I still get a thrill when I hit upon something. Most of the stuff I've found is not worth anything anyway, but it is interesting to find and thats why I do it.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate