Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(109 Viewing)  (109) Guest

TOPIC: Underwater & Beach Detecting

Underwater & Beach Detecting 5 years 3 months ago #15593

• ScubaDigger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi I am new in Fort Lauderdale from Boston, MA, and have the ability for both (scuba) underwater metal detecting and also on the beach, or wherever else! If ANYONE (literally anyone, man, woman, neutral) is interested, please let me know! I live in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Any questions, just let me know!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Underwater & Beach Detecting 5 years 3 months ago #15594

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your move from Bean Town to sunny Florida. There are a bunch of us from Florida on the site. I'm from near Cocoa Beach, but living down in Central America at the moment.
I'm sure your going to enjoy metal detecting in Florida.

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScubaDigger

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16685

• CaptMiles
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi Tommy
We are getting ready to sail to mexico and work our way down to the canal. Where are you? Do you have any information about the ships that sank near veracruz mexico?
Thanks
Miles

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16686

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Don't do anything in Mexico! They will lock you up!

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16687

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
See if you can contact Gary Drayton.

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16688

• CaptMiles
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Will they bother us for just anchoring at the atolls and islands and diving and doing alittle fishing??

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16690

• ScubaDigger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hello All!

I'm from Greece (whatever is left of it) and usually the coast guard has the right to board your vessel & search for contraband... If they find a combination of scuba gear & metal detectors they'll confiscate the boat!!! In addition, about 90+% of the coastline is off kimits to divers because of ancient shipwrecks... I do not know what laws Mexico enforces, but I would suggest to contact the Mexican consulate & ask them IF you are allowed to fish & scuba dive with spearguns. Now... You may exercise to carry the stuff, but IF you get caught, after your incarceration you will--in all propability---have to fly back home. Having said that as well... Do you guys have a dual-frequency side-scan sonar? (Unless you decide to blindly dive on every reef in Mexico... Is there a signup roster, or is this a private affair? By the way what kind of detectors will you be using?

K.

Underwater & Beach Detecting 4 years 2 months ago #16691

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 467
B) If you have all of your paperwork in order and are not anchored right over a wreck you will be just fine. Don't get caught removing ANYTHING from a wreck down there. Don't even have anything aboard that could look like it came from a wreck or from any historic site if you want to sail home. Finding anything that looks like antiquities will cost you your boat and everything in it. Firearms are also a very big "No-No" and will land you in jail very quick if you do not follow the rules with extreme attention to even the very smallest detail. Even having ammo found aboard can get you in big trouble. We have sailed to Mexico, Bonaire, Roatan and Belize and all over the Caribbean numerous times, but that was several years ago. We have even driven to Belize and all over Mexico towing our dink behind our car without any problems at all. I have dove Mexico and Belize many times and never even saw a police or military vessel. There were other times when it seemed that they were following us wherever we went. Still, it was all good and I would do it again if the wife's health would allow it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CaptMiles
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate