Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(97 Viewing)  (97) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: TreasureWorks expansion

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 9 months ago #3322

Way to go wreck just be sure to let us know if you need any help with your bags bringing back all that booty. Have passport, SCUBA gear, and will travel for food!
To Swim Is Human, To Dive Is SUBLIME
To bag a bug in total darkness . . . . is just the next step.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3525

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
How about a chatroom

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3528

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) I'll second that notion and put it to a motion! :laugh:

Can we has some Wench service? Who are going to get up to bring our Grog? :laugh:

Topless, of course! :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3531

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
I have been looking at adding a chat room onto the website for some time now, and it has always been in the long range plan once the site gets more active users.

At this time setting up the new on-line treasure store is my number one priority, so once we get that launched next month, I will shift gears on the chat room. Activity on the site has been picking up nicely as of late, and we may soon be nearly there.

Thank you all for helping make TreasureWorks a success, we have been averaging about 20% growth consistently every month since we launched the site last October, and will most likely hit 200,000 page views in the next week and a half.

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3532

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
White Feather, I'm going to have a hard time getting that last request by Theresa. She said if I bring it up again I will not be allowed to return to Florida. :ohmy:
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by wreckdiver.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3534

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Aaawwww shucks, Oh well, I'll make me own arrangements but nobody can come over and borrow mine. I have it now! Topless in a real short skirt....... Sorry Tommy, but nobody uses my computer! :laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3538

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Speaking of Chat Rooms, I know that most of us here (myself included) are members of other Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting web sites. Most of these sites have chat rooms, and I have spent a good amount of time typing my fingers to the bone chatting with folks about the wonderful world of treasure Hunting. To be perfectly honest, I don’t like to do all that rapid reading and typing so I pretty much stopped using the chat rooms.
However, since I like to keep TreasureWorks on the leading edge of the rapid changing world of software, I would like to share something that I have been looking at for the TreasureWorks chat room, and I am interested in your feedback.
Instead of the old fashion typing method of communication in the chat room, we are looking at using voice and video communication. This technology has come a long way over the last few years, and I have been using VOIP (voice over internet protocol), much of the last three years while living and traveling overseas. I have been using SKYPE and MagicJack to stay in touch with friends and family around the world.
Some of the new chat room software I am looking at allows up to six individuals to interact simultaneously in a single chat room using video links.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3541

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, That sounds Kewel. But does that mean I have to make the wench put clothes on? Dang, I just convienced her that it was healthier to run around carrying Grog without clothes. Now I have to change her mind again. She's going to catch on if I keep changing her mind like this. Maybe I'd best let well enough alone for the time being. :laugh: :woohoo:

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3682

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Love this site. Unfortunately been to busy to post much. Will remedy that soon. Been finding lots of goodies this year, just haven't posted much since being here in Key West. Actually went up the coast last week and found a 1733 cob. Busy cleaning it right now. Beach find with the new Spectra V-3 I brought back from a home visit two weeks ago. Soon as it's cleaned and polished I'll post the pic of it.
Grubby

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3710

Grubby, I want to know where you are buying your anti-fouling paint. :laugh:

Wreck, I heard a rumor that you are heading back to Florida next month.
To Swim Is Human, To Dive Is SUBLIME
To bag a bug in total darkness . . . . is just the next step.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3712

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Hey Grubby, how about bringing me a few gallons of that bottom paint too. I think four or five ought to do it for this trip. I don't want to overload your plane and carry on. :laugh:

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 8 months ago #3738

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Grubby, that sounds like a story I remember from Tom Sawyer. :laugh:

Yes LP, the rumor is true; I am planning a trip back to Florida sometime in October to launch the new on-line store. I am planning on spending about a week back in Satellite Beach before I disappear back into the jungle.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 6 months ago #4787

• mortar1
  • Treasure Hobbyist
the store looks great,will you be selling metal detectors by spring time?im diggin in for winter here in ohio.
went in an old abanded fruit stand,fell through the rotted floor boards,went from 5ft9 to 4ft real quick found some old bottles.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 6 months ago #4788

• mortar1
  • Treasure Hobbyist
the store looks great,will you be selling metal detectors by spring time?im diggin in for winter here in ohio.
went in an old abanded fruit stand,fell through the rotted floor boards,went from 5ft9 to 4ft real quick found some old bottles. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: TreasureWorks expansion 8 years 6 months ago #4789

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Thanks mortar1, and good finds with the bottles! Yes, adding Metal Detectors and accessories is a part of our business plan. Not sure if it will happen by spring, but time will tell.
  • Page:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate