Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(107 Viewing)  (107) Guest

TOPIC: TreasureWorks Charter?

TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2824

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Just a thought and I really don't know if it would be 'do-able' but just wondering if a Charter comprised of TreasureWorks members could be organized to go out and do a search on a site. Possibly charter a boat big enough for the number of members that sign up and get the appropriate permits or possibly a weekend contractor salvage permit if that was available. Of course the cost would be split between each member signing up.... any thoughts or anyone know if this has been done before?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2860

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
1BootySeeker, what location did you have in mind?
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2861

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
No particular location in mind but seems the there would be more options around FL with the abundance of shipwrecks....

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2862

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) What about several members getting together with a private boat and just splitting operating costs? Don't get into all the red tape unless and until you find an area worth investigating farther than just a few guys with metal detectors, fishing rods and dive gear. A cruise with friends fishing, diving, playing with detectors and other low key equipment is just an outing amoung friends splitting costs and having a good time. :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2864

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
great idea alot of time and effort and money I got to meet Pat Clyne at a local scuba show what a great guy he also explained about getting permits from the fisher family to search a area near sebastian inlet.

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2868

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
The Fisher Family sold off the rights to the 1715 Fleet site leases last fall, and they are under new management. A company called 1715 Fleet - Queens Jewels, LLC now owns these leases. I have attached the link to there website below.
The folks who are working the subleases this year dealt with this company for the first time last year, and by all reports I have heard from some of the sub-contractors is that the new guy on the block is a good guy, and everyone seems pleased with the change.

1715treasurefleet.com/
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by wreckdiver.

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2869

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
ahhhh great to know I will check out the site later thank you wreckdiver

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 8 years 10 months ago #2871

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
White Feather wrote:
B) What about several members getting together with a private boat and just splitting operating costs? Don't get into all the red tape unless and until you find an area worth investigating farther than just a few guys with metal detectors, fishing rods and dive gear. A cruise with friends fishing, diving, playing with detectors and other low key equipment is just an outing amoung friends splitting costs and having a good time. :woohoo:

Oh yeah... even better idea White Feather! I like the way you think... I think this could be worth planning out and making a go of it sometime! :woohoo:

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 7 years 2 months ago #11574

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Just thought I'd re-address this idea, as I know White Feather and a few others have kicked around the idea of heading down to the keys for a little searching. You got that big ol' boat up and running yet Russell? :cheer: The dream is not dead! :woohoo:

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 7 years 2 months ago #11576

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) T'was running until something stuck. As soon as I get done with this weekend flea yard I'll find the problem and fix it. I think it might be the batteries but with this big collection of wires and corrosion attracting connections, you never know. :laugh:

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 7 years 1 month ago #12042

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The dream is definately alive and kicking. With the wife's health being a bit shaky for the time being I have to stick close to the ol' homestead and her doctors. However, sooner or later she will get back in better health and we intend to get back out and do some diving, snorkeling and searching the back waters and secluded island haunts along the west coast of Florida. I was even thinking of getting a little bigger dink and doing some daily excursions on a more local map of possibilities and dive locations. There are even a few wrecks that are within a 50 or 75 mile radius of here. An hour or so drive hauling a small recovery boat is something we could get into.
I'll look into getting something that can be modified to use as a daytime search vessel. Trailerable, some room for equipment and still have seating for 4 or 5 people. Something like my old 24ft Penn Yan. Now that was a nice little playtoy! :woohoo:

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 6 years 7 months ago #13501

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) After working almost non stop for the last four months our boat is fueled up and just sitting here waiting for someone to buy it or dream up a treasure hunt that we can wander off on. The dream is alive albeit a bit dusty. What do you think, 1bootyseeker? Should we have a cookout to discuss some ideas and options with a few friends? Maybe we could have several of us wander off into the unknown and do some diving, fishing and snorkeling between lobster hunts. I think the boat would make a great location for a cookout and river trip. Whatcha think? :woohoo:

I think I heard something like this from some long dead patriot; "I regret that I have only one life to give for my treasure hunting"................. or something like that! :laugh: :woohoo:
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 6 years 7 months ago #13505

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Sure..... one last hurrah! for the White Feather... Load up some grub and head over to one of the sites you've been looking at... the island with the three boat hull shapes visible from the map we looked at maybe?

Re: TreasureWorks Charter? 6 years 7 months ago #13506

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Sounds like a plan to me. We'll have to get together at the boat and discuss some ideas. Maybe we can set one up for a specific date and just let others know when and see what the response is. :woohoo:

I am getting a ton of tire kickers and wannabe big boat captains but no real boaters who really know how to handle a big boat. It may not sell for the time being so why shouldn't I take her out and burn some gas.

For now I'll have to wait to see what the doctors want me to do about this knee. I'm afraid I really messed it up this time. :S
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate