Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(30 Viewing)  (30) Guest

TOPIC: Civil War Relics

Civil War Relics 8 years 1 month ago #7280

• Blackbeard
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Battlefields Off limits where else can one find great Relics??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Civil War Relics 7 years 11 months ago #8885

• Mac232
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Alot depends on the state you are in I think .I live in the very SE region of Tennessee on the NC , GA and AL borders . The GA and TN border has been the best for me , as there were a lot of troops moving through this area . This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Alot of places are near battles , remember , the troops were spread out ....... not just concentrated on the battle field ......... you have to expand your search and seek permission from land owners , also Research is key in finding places to hunt . Troop movement routes , retreat routes , bivoac ?? ares , etc.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Live to learn , Learn to live .
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mac232. Reason: Adding more info

Re: Civil War Relics 7 years 10 months ago #8919

Just like mac232 said and also check historic homesites or farms because if your in an area where there was alot of civil war action its a good chance their was troops at these places and most of all just research because their was skirmishes and camps everywhere. I had once had good luck in an area that wasnt even mentioned anywhere pertaining to the civil war. I was actually researching an old historic home and noticed that one side had been remodeled which was odd because the home was made of stone, so I was curious what could have destroyed this side of the home because everything else looked good considering it had been there 200 years.... come to find out it was hit by a cannonball. There was no info on this battle or skirmish anywhere but it did produce alot of good civil war relics for me, but unfortunately I did not find that cannonball.... still looking though :)

Re: Civil War Relics 7 years 10 months ago #9099

These are also found near the Florida.I wonder when I am seen it's framework.It is outrageous.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate