Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(44 Viewing)  (44) Guest

TOPIC: California Gold

California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3193

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Gone are the days where I can dredge up pieces like this in California. These are some i dredged up from my claims last year. I usually do this or metal detect for them. These are nice and sparkly from a nitric acid bath. 8.32 oz here
Grubby This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Ole Grubstake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3194

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Here are some more from last year on a different creek that feeds into the Sherlock Creek I got the bigger ones from. This is over 20 grams of smaller stuff.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3197

Damn Grubby! Is that top pic reading in Ounces, is that right...
Wow!!!!! :woohoo:
To Swim Is Human, To Dive Is SUBLIME
To bag a bug in total darkness . . . . is just the next step.

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3200

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Yep! Those are ounces. Before I left this year I found one piece 9.69 oz with my Whites GMT. Metal detectors work well. Do not have picture of it on this laptop. Back at home on my main computer. But I believe the article will be out next month in Lost Treasure. My biggest piece to date. You can see it on my site olegrubstakegoldtours.com. Here mis a piece of leaf gold I found in a creek bed with the GMT. Also a solid gold match case I found at a old building site in Mariposa ca. It's appraised at $5,000.00. has a picture of a clipper ship and the San Fransico presidio before the Golden gate bridge was built on one side of it and the owners name engraved in it also. Slabbed with specimen gold. These are just a few of the many finds I have had through the years. Found many gold coins also in the old sites. All thosepost were lost when we lost our forum to being hacked.
Attachments:

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3201

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Match box. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3202

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
back of match box. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3203

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
one years season with the dredge. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3204

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Next season on a different claim. Notice the gold is not as rough. The first pic was from a source close to it origin, hence it was rougher gold. The piece in the center of this pan was a 3 ouncer. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: California Gold 7 years 7 months ago #3205

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Next season on a different claim. Notice the gold is not as rough. The first pic was from a source close to it origin, hence it was rougher gold. The piece in the center of this pan was a 3 ouncer. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate