Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(1308 Viewing)  (1308) Guest

TOPIC: Thailand promotes panning for gold to boost tourism

Thailand promotes panning for gold to boost tourism 8 years 7 months ago #408

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 167
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Thailand promotes panning for gold to boost tourism 8 years 6 months ago #436

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I would love to go to Thailand to Prospect. Especially after the story my wife related to me about when she was a little girl living near Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand.

Seems while she and her little brother were digging a hole to make a fish pond she remembers seeing a lot of gold nuggets in the dirt and never really thought anything about them. After all, to her it was only raw gold not like it was jewelery or anything like that. :blink:

In fact she had never really thought anything else about it until I got the prospecting bug several years ago and showed her the little fines and tiny pickers I had panned during my first prospecting trip to North Carolina. That's when she remembered about the gold nuggets she had seen as a young teen.

Needless to say, I really want to go to back to Thailand bad. We both have 1 more year to retirement and that's when we will be able to go and search for "The Lost Fish Pond Mine" B) Hopefully the property will be accessible by us. Her parents died many years ago and we haven't been to Thailand for over 35 years.

GG~
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by goodyguy.

Re: Thailand promotes panning for gold to boost tourism 8 years 6 months ago #549

• Jeep
  • Treasure Enthusiast
That's a vacation I would like to take.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate