Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(76 Viewing)  (76) Guest

TOPIC: The "Claim Jumper"

The "Claim Jumper" 7 years 10 months ago #6056

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Here's a panning video I made, I wanted to show some unique panning views but figured I'd better throw in a plot and some nice scenery just in case the "unique panning views" sucked, it's real Hi-Def but it's a fun watch and I think the camera angles are nice. Thanks for watching.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The "Claim Jumper" 7 years 10 months ago #6060

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
Outstanding video my friend! However, it does not look like the character of the protagonist in the story fared too well at the end.
All in all, I give the video a two thumbs up! It was well put together and you are correct, you used some very good camera angles that resulted in some outstanding effects.
Job well done!
I am interested in the camera that you used in your video. As most I my friends here at TreasureWorks know, I have been looking for a good video camera to document my explorations down here in Central America.
I have just recently purchased the GoPro Hero2 HD camera, and am just waiting for it to arrive down here in Guatemala City.
Thanks for sharing the video, it was fun.

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: The "Claim Jumper" 7 years 10 months ago #6063

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
Great video! I liked how he just scooped up off the sand bar and flushed it out and poured out 3-4 Ozs of gold. That place would be a place I wouldnt leave! Very well done!

Re: The "Claim Jumper" 7 years 10 months ago #6065

• Ole Grubstake
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Great video. I only have a couple of questions? I have been panning ror over 30 years and never seen a pan that did not have some sort of Black sand or other debris. Usually lead shot of square nails of what ever. I also notice all the gold is uniform and approximately the same size. No flour gold or flakes? Just curious? Like I say I've panned thousands of pans and never seen pans of gold like this. great gold guy. Here is a picture of what it ususally looks like after cleaning out the black sand and debris.
Grubby This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: The "Claim Jumper" 7 years 10 months ago #6067

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the comments!! The underwater video was shot with a "Contour Pro" I was going to get the Go Pro but a buddy of mine has one and some of the accessories like the clamps and the extra thing you gotta buy to watch the video on the camera, were a little too strange for me, the Contour camera is more streamlined I can fit it in tighter spaces and I can view the shot in advance over my phone via bluetooth, so if I got it attached to say...the gold pan and I'm getting ready to shoot and I want to align my shot, I can do that thru my phone, that's the main reason I opted for the contour, plus its Hi def and it downloads fast. Hey Steve your right...a spot that good is a spot worth staying at, unless forced to vacate at the barrel of a shotgun ofcourse!! Grubstake...when your filming in a state park in California sometimes you have to improvise, and import your own "gold", if I waited till I had a decent pan full of color I'd still be there panning as we speak, so lets just say I "Hollywooded" it a bit.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate