Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(190 Viewing)  (190) Guest

TOPIC: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge.

Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 5 months ago #469

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Gotta love the Combo's This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #514

• dirtdog
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
I know almost nothing about gold dredging, and yet your set up still excites me. :laugh:

I have been watching Gold Rush Alaska on Discovery, but I think I am learning more don'ts than
do's. :lol:

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #515

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
dirtdog wrote:
I know almost nothing about gold dredging, and yet your set up still excites me. :laugh:

I have been watching Gold Rush Alaska on Discovery, but I think I am learning more don'ts than
do's. :lol:

Believe me you learn more from the don'ts than you realize. Like don't try mining without having at least one gold mining expert on the payroll. Don't start building houses until you have cash coming in. Same thing with having non essential personnel on site. I mean the list could go on and on. But in their case one expert could have saved them many thousands of wasted dollars and weeks of wasted time.

Heck they didn't even do proper site testing procedures prior to digging so they have no clue where the real paydirt lies.
and as expensive as it is to run all that equipment they really needed to be running high value dirt.

What I can't believe is how easily they gave up on the wave table. Then they decided to pan the concentrates using complete novices. No telling how much gold they lost!

Never seen so many things go wrong, Murphy's law is working overtime with those guys.

I hope Discovery is paying them well, at least they will have that to ease the pain. And really the fact that they are green horns learning as they go does make a good show, Just hard to see them fail so miserably is all. Especially when I want so much for them to strike a bonanza.

GG~
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by goodyguy.

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #518

• dirtdog
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Good point, I guess I am learning some valuable information from the show.

You would think they could have gotten an expert on the wave table to come out and help them set it up. Or at least got the manufacture on the phone for advice.

I also hope they do well, I just can't help but feel these guys are an accident waiting to happen.

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #563

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
dirtdog wrote:
Good point, I guess I am learning some valuable information from the show.

You would think they could have gotten an expert on the wave table to come out and help them set it up. Or at least got the manufacture on the phone for advice.

I also hope they do well, I just can't help but feel these guys are an accident waiting to happen.

That model wave table sells for $5,000.00 and the old man was ready to toss it. I've never used one but I can relate to the difficulty in getting any fine gold recovery tool adjusted properly.

Such as the Blue Bowl or a Spiral wheel ...... Effectiveness depends entirely upon fine tuning.

Here's a photo of my spiral wheel. The angle of the wheel, the speed of rotation, and the flow of water coupled with the rate of feed all have to work hand in hand for the desired result of only gold traveling up the spiral to fall into the center hole and drop into the catch cup.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #566

• dirtdog
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
That is really cool. At first glance I would think only the light stuff would travel around and up into the hole, but I guess as you spray water it knocks the light stuff off and only the gold remains. As you know I have no idea what I am talking about. lol

I am enjoying your posts keep it up. :)

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #572

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
dirtdog wrote:
That is really cool. At first glance I would think only the light stuff would travel around and up into the hole, but I guess as you spray water it knocks the light stuff off and only the gold remains. As you know I have no idea what I am talking about. lol

I am enjoying your posts keep it up. :)

You are very perceptive Dirt dog, that is exactly what happens.... the water from the spray bar washes off the lighter material. The trick is, not to run the wheel so fast that the water doesn't have a chance to do it's job.

And to keep the water pressure adjusted weak enough so it doesn't wash the gold off but yet strong enough to wash everything but the gold off.

Since gold is 18 times more dense than water it does make for easy separation from less dense materials. Almost a no brainier except where the Gold Rush Alaska crew is concerned, in their case they are even more dense than gold. :lol:

They could have sent their concentrates out to have the gold recovered professionally if they chose, and just kept on running pay dirt through the wash plant. Even the black sand contains invisible gold that can be reclaimed at a refinery. I suspect that they lost thousands in gold through sheer ignorance just from the last episodes cleanup of the plant and buckets of concentrates. Being underfunded makes it tough enough but add to that being under experienced as well and it's a double whammy.

GG~

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 4 months ago #575

• dirtdog
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Those are some good points you made there. I'm curious now how much they lost panning. Kinda strange when I think about it that the old man was easily finding good gold when he panned what the wave missed. Yet when they had everyone panning they didn't find a whole lot. The inexperienced people either lost a lot of gold or the old man buried some while he was alone in the tent weighing it all. :laugh:

Re: Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 8 years 2 weeks ago #2282

• jackragusa
  • Treasure Hobbyist
If you like the commercial made units, you will go absolutely over a unit you actually build your self.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by jackragusa. Reason: photo

Combination Highbanker, sluice, dredge. 3 years 4 weeks ago #16892

• dredgen
hello sir, we r highbanker Mini gold dredge gold wash plant manufactory , This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. if u want to know more information plz pay a visit our website
www.chinagoldmachinery.com Thanks!
Last Edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by dredgen.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate