| 
Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(145 Viewing)  (145) Guest

TOPIC: Death and a Drywasher

Death and a Drywasher 5 years 7 months ago #7824

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
A "Twilight Zone-ish" journey into drywashing for souls.

With a great song called "The Story of Gold".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 7 months ago #7836

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 22
death & gold huh ?

NICE VID, but I think there's a twinge of fetishism going on... :side: :pinch:
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8666

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
I'm not even sure what that means but if it's fun...I'll try it once!! ;)

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8667

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Excellent composition. I was especially drawn by the surrealistic pink sky in the background.

The age old tale of paradise lost, found, then lost again.

Nice video.

Where can I get one of those cigars? B)

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8668

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Thanks Judy, glad you liked it !! The cigar is called "Backwoods"...you can get em anywhere, they are hand rolled and leaves yer mouth tasting like a toilet, I wouldn't advise it!!!! :laugh:

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8669

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Bucket did you make that video? I see your logo on the Washer....my eyes tried to take in everything in the video....just amazing. There maybe somethings going on folks don't catch...very creative. Absolutely loved the song and everything about the video....thank you so much for sharing it.
Love like there is no tomorrow!

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8670

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Thanks Tex ! Yea I made that video, It was a tough one to do because the drywasher battery died and I didn't get the chance to do some better camera angles that I was looking for. I like to play with special effects and keep them subtle when possible and your right, alot of folks don't notice all the different aspects to the video but as long as it's entertaining...I'll take it. I have another one out there called "The Claimjumper" and you wouldn't believe how many people tell me that they think it was staged...ofcourse it was staged!!!! You don't actually think I came across a guy with a shot gun and filmed him by accident? So as of lately I'm starting to think that the general prospecting community is not used to my style of "fantasy" video's. They are used to some guy standing by a stream with a really bad video camera, panning out two barely visible specs of gold.

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8671

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Tell me bucket....in the last few shots where the man is smoking the cigar....and it slowly pans away from him....to me it appears like more and more gold shows up in the background....is this intentional or is it an illusion of an over active imagination? It also seems to be on the man's hand...starts about 6:30 I also like the fact that the cap to the canteen is on top of the dead man's hand where it should be....you really pay attention to detail....such as the foot print on the dead man's shirt....cool. Look forward to more of your videos

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8672

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
I just looked at the part you are talking about, I think that's a result of one of the "tonegrade" effects to try and make the guys face look rougher than it really is...sometimes I focus on changing his face and overlook whats going on in the background, so as I'm changing his skintone, the background is also changing because of the brightness of the sun, that's what I love about putting these video's out there...someone will eventually spot something I overlooked, and that in turn helps me improve the quality of the video, I really have alot of fun editing these video's and it really is easier than most people think to put out something decent but I am constantly trying to perfect it to the point of zero mistakes which will never happen but gives me something to shoot for. So thanks for helping me out Tex !!

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8674

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I don't believe in coincidences...so I bet it turned out just right! You did an awesome job! right down to the sky color change...the water slowly dripping....loved everything about it...you did great!

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8676

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Thanks Tex, you can check out my other vids here and on youtube if you like, I always like hearing from someone that pays attention to details. Sometimes I put out a video and I think it's great (Ballad of the Drywasher) and no one else seems to think so, then I'll put one out that I think is a stinker (Catch it II Water Table) and folks are going nuts for it. I guess I'll never figure that out !!

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8678

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I'll be honored to go and watch them thank you..by the way...the song...Perfect.

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8680

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Watched it and it was great as well...glad to see you finally bagged Jack....LOL nasty little fellows pop lots of tires out here in our area. Leaves you stopped out in the middle of nowhere Texas. Ever have someone tell you that it is the heat that gets the truck tires...don't believe them...it is the antlered little devils called the Jack a lope.

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8682

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
enjoyed your Claim Jumper also...thanks for the entertainment.

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8683

• Bucket
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Hahaha Thanks Tex!! yea ya gotta watch those "Lopes" those horns will get you every time! I'll post up a new video in here every now and again, I don't put em out as often as I'd like but that's because I don't want to put out crap either, (My so called "fantasy" video's will start out with a spinning globe, my actual prospecting video's don't) so I kinda wait until an idea pops into my head for a script of some sorts then I'll attempt to recreate that thought on tape as best I can. The Claimjumper video was actually banned on a Canadian forum...I'm quite proud of that!!
So it can be quite a while in between video's, hopefully when I put out a new one you'll stop by here or youtube and let me know what you think, great chattin with ya Texastee !!!!
PS: I love that song !! "The Story of Gold" recorded in a basement studio by a guy on facebook who goes by the name of William (Flash) Gordon...real cool guy and it was written and sung by Crazy Charlie...who has since moved on, but the song gets better the more you listen to it!!.....Bucket

Re: Death and a Drywasher 5 years 6 months ago #8684

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Blessings.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate