Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(88 Viewing)  (88) Guest

TOPIC: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY

PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 9 years 2 months ago #126

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
I have psychic impressions (or imagination) of Treasure, & Armament stored underground by the British, at Yankeetown, Florida, circa 1786.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Yankeetown, to conduct a preliminary field investigation. I'll be back Tuesday. Dell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 9 years 2 months ago #178

• Gwawrer
  • Treasure Hobbyist
like your style I get these feelings that something is their!!
Good luck

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 9 years 1 month ago #185

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I use Map & Photo Dowsing to plot locations and information, about the area of interest before I leave home. I then do a physical survey of the site to determine the accuracy and try to find evidence that might support the psychically obtained information. The accuracy of this method always amazes me. Dell

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 9 years 1 month ago #189

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Quite often I am amazed and sometimes bewildered by the the information I mentally access about ancient buried Treasure and shipwrecks. The data doesn't necessarily agree with modern day logic and generates questions that can only be answered accurately with the discovery of physical evidence, or sometimes with archival research.

For example, Regarding the early shipwrecks, and Treasure at Jupiter Inlet, Florida.

Psychic Archeology, tells me that up until the early 1700's the shore line was about 500 feet farther East than it is at present day. Native Indians, appear to have been very adept at removing Treasure & cannon from the beached shipwrecks and systematically buried the cannon & Treasure, on what was then land.

I find that much of this Treasure & cannon at Jupiter were buried in systematic rows extending inland from what is now underwater, to beneath the present day beach.

Some sections of the present reef just off of Jupiter Beach, appear to have been man made walls built on land before the current rise in sea levels.

When I was there a few months ago the sand had washed out down to the the bedrock exposing what was probably the original inlet. My Metal detector w/ an 18 inch coil detected large metal anomalies about 5 feet deep, embedded in the bed rock. These two locations were exactly where I had plotted the location of Iron & Bronze cannon buried in long rows extending into the water, before I left home.

While I was there the Polly L arrived, and I watched as they were excavating just inside the reef 25 feet from where I had plotted a long row of buried chests of Gold coins extending from inside the reef to 100 yards off shore.

I have just named one of the reasons why I believe Treasure Salvors, are rarely finding the Mother Lodes of Gold, that were aboard these shipwrecks with random digging, and following the Magnetometer trail. Dell

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Dell Winders.

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 7 years 1 week ago #10743

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Psychic Archeology:

George McMullen
INTUITIVE ARCHAEOLOGY

From my earliest childhood I knew that I had abilities that were not common to most people. As a young child I could pick up an object and by just holding it I'd know who made the object, where the object came from and who had owned the object. I'd also know about the owners of the object; where and how they had lived, whether they were still alive or had died and the manner of their death. I could also foretell events, such as the illness or deaths of close friends and relatives. I could also "just know" certain things about people and often these were things that people didn't want others to know. I learned very early to keep my observations of objects and people to myself. While I was loved by my family and friends they didn't understand my abilities (nor did I fully understand them myself at the time). I was often punished for saying things I shouldn't have, teased for my wild imagination and sometimes feared for what seemed (especially to my religiously devout mother) to be an unholy ability to know things I shouldn't.

Books available by George McMullen in Shirley's Library.

I spent the first 45 years of my life keeping my intuitive abilities a secret from others, including my wife and children. In the mid-1960's my wife, Charlotte, joined an A.R.E. study group and as she began to read extensively on the work of Edgar Cayce and parapsychology research, I began to discuss with her my own intuitive abilities. At that same time, Charlotte had become good friends with a woman she met at the A.R.E. group, Ann Emerson. Charlotte shared with Ann our discussions about my intuitive abilities and Ann, in turn, told her husband, Dr. J. Norman Emerson, a prominent archaeologist and professor at the University of Toronto. In time, Norm and I were introduced to each other by our wives. Charlotte and Ann had become very close friends and Norm and I quickly became friends, too. Norm was interested in my intuitive abilities with respect to objects. As an archaeologist he had an interest in the complex relationships that people have with the material goods of their culture. He decided to set up a series of small tests with objects that he had unearthed at various archaeology sites in Ontario. He wanted to know what impressions I could get from these objects.

On my part, I was interested in taking part in these tests. For my whole life I had hidden my abilities, partly for fear of ridicule. If this university professor could provide a means by which my abilities could be tested and some how measured, it meant that I could illustrate to others that my abilities were not the work of an over active imagination, or evidence of demonic influence, but rather a very real and scientifically proven mental ability.

After testing me rigorously for many months with many objects and later on many archaeology sites, Norm became convinced that I had what he considered to be a psychic ability. I detested the word psychic at the time and I still do not like to be called "a psychic". When I hear the word "psychic" I think of someone who claims that they can solve your problems or put you in contact with a deceased relative - and all for the sum of $149.00 an hour! I have no doubt that many of these people can do as they claim and if the client is satisfied, it's all well and good. However, I decided long ago that this was not what I wanted to do with the ability I have.

Norm was enthused with the potential practical applications of my abilities for the field of archaeology. Often archaeologists are given very little time to remove all the information they need from a site. Most archaeology is done as salvage work. I mean that the excavation is undertaken solely to clear a site before a new shopping mall is built over top of it or before the river valley is flooded for a new dam. There normally isn't much time for long term excavations or research and often only a small percentage of a total site is excavated before time and funding runs out.

With my ability I can survey an area and see what existed there in times past and see what is there now beneath the ground. Often these sites have not been occupied for centuries. I can describe what the area looked like at a particular point in time. I can move through layers of time in the way an archaeologist moves through the layers of dirt with his trowel, each layer representing a different season or occupation. If I'm asked to I can pinpoint my observations to a specific date. When I am on a site for the first time I must orient myself and focus on the time it was in use and the people. When I first began working with Dr. Emerson it took me a few hours to accomplish this, but through practice I have learned to do this in a few minutes. I then tell what I see in my mind's eye. I can tell you the number of people who occupied the site, who they were and what they were doing. I describe the people and the clothes they were wearing. I can smell their fires and hear them speak I can even communicate with them if it is appropriate that I do so. While I'm observing that time period it's as if I'm in that time period. I'm aware of both the present and the past at the same time, I move between the two, back and forth, while I tell my observations.

By moving back and forth between the present and the past I can tell an archaeologist where to dig in order to find signs of the occupation such as a dwelling, a fire pit or burial sites. Normally, the archaeologist marks the spot with a stake or draws the points on a map. Later, he will return to dig at the places I indicate. Norm would say that "the truth is in the digging" and, in his published papers, he claimed that I was accurate 80% of the time. That is, Emerson was able to find what I told him would be at a particular place 80% of the time. He jokingly estimated an archaeologist's ability to pick the right place to dig at 40 to 60% accuracy. He had personally excavated most of the sites that we worked on together and so I assume that he was in a position to know!

I am always asked by archaeologists how I do what I do. How could I possibly know what I have just told them? Do I read their minds? What makes me feel confident enough to tell them what I do? I often ask myself these same questions. The only way I reassure myself is through the credibility that I have built up over a lifetime of doing this work. When I am wrong I am told.

I know that I don't read minds. The people who have asked me to look at a site are usually seeking answers to specific questions they have. They do not have the knowledge they are looking for. So, if I relied on mind reading much of the time there would be nothing to read. I also don't get my information from reading books or other academic works. The archaeologists I work with are most knowledgeable in their field of study. I could hardly know more than them about their field of expertise. I have no formal training in archaeology.

By and large professional archaeologists reject Norm Emerson's research on the use of intuitives in archaeology. In fact, in his lifetime he jeopardized a very successful academic career by publishing his work with me. It was because he held a tenured position at the University of Toronto and the fact that he was a respected archaeologist in Canada that he was able to continue working in his profession after he had made his use of intuitives in archaeology known. He continued with his research in spite of considerable opposition from his peers.

Norm Emerson died in 1978 after a lengthy illness. Since his death, I have continued working with archaeologists not only in Canada, but throughout the USA, Australia, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Europe. Ecuador, Mexico and the Caribbean. I have an often uneasy relationship with the archaeologists I work with. While they are interested in the work done by Norm Emerson and are enthused at the prospect of digging at the places where I have indicated, they often take me to the sites on weekends or in evenings when students and fellow researchers have gone home for the day. They often request that I keep our visits confidential and they will in turn pretend that they've never heard of me if the subject of that Intuitive Archaeologist comes up. I can understand their reluctance to have it known that they have consulted me. After all, they have worked hard to get the education to become what they are. It must bother them when an uneducated person steps into their discipline and tells them with some accuracy what they wanted to know. Also, I believe that the word "psychic" conjures up the same image for the archaeologist as it does for me. The stereotypical image of a psychic in an academic endeavour is a source of discomfort for even the most liberal of academics.

In closing, I believe that the use of intuitives in archaeology doesn't serve to replace traditional methods, but we can be used to make the job easier. I have never charged for my services when called upon to help. I do this out of respect for my friend, Dr. J. Norman Emerson. I have continued to carry on with this work and hope that other intuitives will see its value and look to intuitive archaeology as one way to use their ability.

George McMullen
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Dell Winders.

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 7 years 1 week ago #10744

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
Very interesting, Dell. You might enjoy his book "One White Crow", the story of his life as a Psychic Archaeologist. You can preview the first few pages on Google books at this link.....

books.google.com/books?id=ax8uvTb6xMEC&printsec=frontcover&output=html_text

Looks like an interesting read....just ordered it off Amazon.

Thanks for this article!!

Re: PSYCHIC ARCHAEOLOGY 7 years 1 week ago #10745

• JudyH
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 46
You might also look at the work of my good friend Stephan Schwartz....another P.A......

The Discovery of an American Brig: Fieldwork Involving Applied Remote Viewing Including a Comparison with Electronic Remote Sensing

www.stephanaschwartz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Beaks_Cay-.pdf

ABSTRACT

In the fall of 1987 Mobius began fieldwork, under a license from the Bahamian Government, to carry out an archaeological survey in an area of the Grand Bahama Banks encompassing some 579.15 square miles (1500 sq. km). This report compares the Remote Viewing, electronic remote sensing, and visual search process used to locate the wreck site of a previously undiscovered armed American merchantman believed to be the Brig Leander, which was found in a sub-section of the License Area known as Consensus Zone C; an area of 11.81 sq. miles (30.59 sq. km) of water. It concludes that Remote Viewing was the source of information which led to the site’s location, and that electronic remote sensing was not useful in this instance. Leander was under the Command of Captain William Johnson when she sank for unknown reasons near Beaks Cay on 6 April 1834, while returning from Manzanilla, Cuba to her homeport in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to location information, a total of 193 conceptual descriptive concepts concerning the site were proffered by twelve Remote Viewers. Of this, 148 concepts, or 75% of the total, could be evaluated through direct field observations, or historical research. An evaluation of this material reveals 84% Correct, 12% Partially Correct, 4% Incorrect. There is little accuracy variation across the sequence of material from the Los Angeles interviews ( 84% Corr., 13% Part. Corr., 3% Incorr.), to the on-site data (81% Corr., 11% Part. Corr., 8% Incorr.). Approximately 300 notable wrecks went down, not just in the License Area but across the entire Banks, from 1500 to 1876 as determined by a thorough search of historical records and archival material in the U.S., the U.K., Spain and the Bahamas. To make a conservative assessment of this location occurring by chance, assume the wrecks are evenly distributed not throughout the Banks, but only within the License Area. That said, we should expect to see 6.12 boats in Consensus Zone C (11.81/579.15 x 300 6.12). The brig site is 5000 square feet (464.5 sq. m), equaling 0.00018 of a square mile. Within Consensus Zone C 65,849 sites of this size could be placed, thus yielding a grid of 65,849 cells.. If the probability of selecting this particular cell in the grid by chance exceeds p³ 0.05 then Remote Viewing can be considered a determinative factor. The probability of finding this one 5,000 square feet area is then 6.12/65,849 = p0.00009, which strongly suggests that chance is not an explanation for the location of Leander.
Moderators: Salvor6