Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(146 Viewing)  (146) Guest

TOPIC: First Find!!!

First Find!!! 6 years 1 month ago #13183

We've been hunting with the Sea Hunter MkII for about 8 times - we're totally new to treasure hunting and made our first find on the beach today!!!
Check out the attached photo please. We'd love identifying-help...! Seems to be a Russian or Serbian silver cross and long, heavy chain. There is a tiny 925 stamped into the clasp at the end of the chain but nothing stamped on the cross except in almost very very tiny lettering "ивкф" on the bottom left hand corner on one side. I know Russian/Syrilic letter can also be used as numerals but at this point am dumbfounded...! So...any help appreciated.
We found it in the shallow water of Thailand so obviously dropped by a swimming tourist - at first I thought my wife dug a bicycle chain out of the sand - then saw the cross - we almost shouted with excitement!
The cross and chain are stained brown but looking with a loupe, it looks like there is a 'shine' under the slightly-pockmarked patina. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: First Find!!! 6 years 1 month ago #13184

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
Welcome aboard TreasureBeachScouts, good to have you join us all here. Very nice find!

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: First Find!!! 6 years 1 month ago #13187

Thanks much! Good being part of a world-wide community!

Re: First Find!!! 6 years 1 month ago #13194

• zpr2511
  • Treasure Hobbyist
925 fine silver B)
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate