Welcome, Guest
(1615 Viewing)  (1614) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tracker IV

Re: Tracker IV 7 years 8 months ago #5246

• Casca
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
TY for the hard work and info guys.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tracker IV 7 years 8 months ago #5251

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
1BootySeeker, I know I got us off track, but have you tried using your Pulse 8 on any gold jewelry? Like I said I have used them, but found that gold jewelry eluded them. I have used several, they were popular in the underwater treasure salvage business, and they all seemed the same. I know they cost as much as 2 other brand PIs, and they should do everything, and cook your dinner, but I found them not up to par even years ago. The thing that most like about them is they are fairly trouble proof. Reliable. But I have had quite a few detectors, and I am not a person that polishes everything after using, and I have not had any problems with any. I have been in many of these guys garages and there have been some torn apart Pulse 8 and 6s laying around, so I do know they do break. A guy I was working this summer doing salvage, with sent 3 back to be worked on this summer for various things, but he also praises them for not breaking.

Re: Tracker IV 7 years 8 months ago #5277

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Stevemc, I have been able to detect gold rings but not as well as a piece of iron. So I'm guessing that based on the sensitivity if its a very small amount of gold, it may not register. When I got my JW Fisher I was looking for something to use both in and out of the water, easy to use, trouble free and something with a good reputation that was going to last. After some research and recommendations on the JW Fisher, Minelab and others I decided to invest in the JW Fisher. So far I am very pleased with the unit. I am looking to possibly get a backup for my wife and will go with one of the lesser expensive units. As far as breakage, I have not had any issues yet but anything man-made is going to breakdown eventually. :laugh:

Re: Tracker IV 7 years 8 months ago #5289

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Booty Seeker,

I was told that the Pulse 8x Underwater Metal Detectors Version 1 or Version 2
Are used primarily by underwater construction companies for pipeline or cable locating functions.

Here is what my friend, a professional treasure hunter, recommends for a low price underwater detector that would outperform the Pulse 8 for gold both on land or underwater: The Tesoro Tiger Shark.

When price is no object he recommends the Minelab GPX 4800
Or if price is a concern, the Minelab Excalibur.

I have never hunted underwater so I know nothing and you probably already know the Tiger Shark and The Excalibur's capabilities. As well as the GPX 4800

Just my two cents.
GG~
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by goodyguy.

Re: Tracker IV 7 years 8 months ago #5290

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Goodyguy, I will keep those units in mind. I appreciate the input. :)

Tracker IV 1 year 4 months ago #19704

The process of buying this metal detector can be complicated when you have no information on how it works with the new features that will work excellently for you when redefining the best ideas if you want to use it, you can visit here: [url=http://https://detectorly.com/][/url]
  • Page:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate