Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(132 Viewing)  (132) Guest

TOPIC: Jupiter Inlet, Fl

Jupiter Inlet, Fl 8 years 11 months ago #46

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
While plotting shipwreck Treasure locations at Jupiter Inlet, this summer,the wave action washed out about 8 1/2 feet of sand exposing the bed rock.

This unusual rock carving was also exposed. Dell This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Dell Winders.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 8 years 11 months ago #52

• ScoopZilla
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I would have dug around the rock to see if there was any additional markings!

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 8 years 11 months ago #57

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Actually, when I saw it the rock was completely exposed. I came back the next day and took the photo. The sand had begun to wash back in.. Dell

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 11 months ago #4204

• goverton
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Don't move the Rock!
It is a guide or map of the area.Try to get a Terrian map of the area you are in and see if it matches
up with this rock. Also look a Google Earth pics of this area and see if it resembles anything.
It could just be a pointer rock to next symbol

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9589

• jeff08xx
  • Treasure Hobbyist
You notice the small and large tic-tac-toe markings? Can u get me clearer pics with good detail and cover it backup with sand asap and just PM me?

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9590

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Jeff, the photo was taken 2 years ago. As far as I know it has not uncovered since. My E-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or phone 863 422 5454 leave a message and I will return your call. I live in Haines City, FL.

Click on the photo image and it will zoom it some, or save the image to your computer and use your photo software. Dell

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9598

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Hmmm sounds like the marking mean something to you Jeff. :cheer: Better jump on a plane and begin your search down here. I'll be glad to help ya'! Oh I saw in your posts pics, and figured you must also ride? Biketoberfest is right around the corner! Kill two birds with one stone! :woohoo:

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9599

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
I remember when that uncovered. The beach was slowly eroding, and they have a pump set up to pump from the North jetty to the South jetty, and some from the inlet. I was ready to go over and do some searching, it was worn way back to the dune,and then I saw they had bulldozers and were pumping the beach. I was over a couple months earlier and there were plenty of targets, lots of non-ferrous stuff, lead weights, brass fishing spoons, money, kind of weird, like no one works the beach. Lynn and I worked the low low tide for an hour or so, and we would hit a target every foot. We filled a 2 lb coffee can full of just non-ferrous junk and money. Hardly any aluminum cans or can parts, unlike the Treasure coast with its shredded can mix that they covered the beaches with. Some stuff was under the rocks, or actually in the rocks. No treasure that trip. Next trip was the great one! They have the same set up at the next inlet South at Palm Beach, and they keep the pump going a lot.

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9600

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
www.evsjupiter.com/ Here is the web cam that I find is a good one. There are others, but this one is from the condos right there. Enjoy. If you are there at low tide, a lot of the rocks are scraped and have markings but seem more like a bulldozer or something was scraping it. The one Dell showed sure semmed to be marked by hand.

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 month ago #9602

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 47
Thanks for that shot Steve, Mike

Re: Jupiter Inlet, Fl 7 years 1 week ago #9794

• jim/wpb
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I was at Carlin Park with the kids about three weeks ago and there is more of this coral with scribed markings just north of the Civic Center and just west of the beach coral. I looked at them closely and the scribes are very symmetrical which led me to believe they were made by a backhoe or a dozer.

Hmmm, I saw these just south of the old inlet mouth and the one Dell took a picture of was north of the old inlet.

Now that I saw this, I will take pictures and post them if they are still exposed.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by jim/wpb.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate