Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(239 Viewing)  (237) Guest

TOPIC: Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15613

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 2
You can buy 1/4 ounce silver rounds at a coin shop. These are a little smaller than a half-dollar and a little bit thinner. These are 9999 fine silver. I bought two and cut a slot from the edge to the center of each one. With a little wiggling I was able to interlock the two pieces by holding the coins at ninety degrees from each other and sliding the two slots together. This way if you position the joint vertically you always have a face in all directions. (I suppose you could position it horizontally if you like.) You can use smaller (or larger) size rounds to match your witness chamber. I think this works a lot better than just laying a coin down flat (horizontal). Yeah, they soak you on the price--about $6 each for a quarter-ounce size. Sorry, no photo. The solid silver seems to work better than leaf, at least for my amplifier.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15618

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I had it working yesterday. Don't know why it's just not there today. Maybe because was only 7 degrees this morning (-7 with wind chill).

I had two gold 1/20 oz rounds, but sold one a while back I wish I had kept it because I think that would be a nice size for a locator rod witness chamber. If anyone tries it, let me know. Think I'll get a couple silver 1/10 oz and see if that works (about the size of a dime).

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15619

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I got two 1/10 oz silver rounds cheap and made the cuts, etc. to interlock the two. This size is slightly bigger than a penny. Strange results this works better than the larger 1/4 oz size. My L-rod is snappier. The 1/10 oz size is too large to fit in the locator rod witness chamber so I had to file down the edges. That seemed to work but I am not that good with the locator rod. They sell an even smaller size silver round, think they are one gram. Not easy to find the small stuff--the coin dealers are the greedy type and they said there is no money in it for them.Yeah, don't like that type pawnshop mentality. Ebay you pay through the nose, so i don't know.

Some day if I get a job and get back to work after my surgeries I might spring for two one gram gold bars and do the interlock thing with them. Kinda hate to ruin the gold so I don't know.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15620

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Well, as most people on the forums know I have the bad habit of rushing to judgement about LRL equipment. I guess the jury is still out on the smaller witness. I was out this afternoon and now I'm not so sure the small one works better. The resonator chamber I use it might be that the smaller witness fits in closer while the larger one has a lot of mass that is not in so close. That's kinda what I am thinking but I need to spend more time with both as I only have about an hour or so between the two different ones. But they both do work. I don't know, maybe it's the medication for my foot or rather lack of it. :laugh:

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15645

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
My conclusion is that a bigger witness is better, at least it gives a stronger signal. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's better. That solarham is a cool site. If you scroll down the page there is there is a window that shows attenuation. You have to click on the window then click on it again, then click the arrow on the slider bar to watch.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by MikeH.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15647

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Interesting read Mike.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15648

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Hi Aqua, yeah the frequencies they are working with are much higher than most the LRL's use. You can't really extrapolate because radio signal reception is a lot more complex, and I don't know it. But it's fun to watch anyway.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15651

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
A couple observations I made today an Em meter (with external antenna) was going crazy today, even when the solaham attenuation was not showing much for my area, just on the edge. The meter was pegging at times and my dowsing amplifier on full power minus the super charger had no problems hitting my test target. So my opinion at this juncture is both the solarham and the em meter are about worthless in determining if locating conditions are poor. Either that or the dowsing amplifier is not affected by that type of interference or possibly it is able to overpower the interference.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15652

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Just a couple other notes. The solarham is a "prediction". i didn't see this until i looked a bit closer. Prediction is like a weather forecast. Also Dell has said many times the earth's field must be stable to get any kind of reliable weight measurements. So not much new here in my posts on this.

On a good note I made it through my second surgery yesterday. I still have to wait for the biopsy results to see if they got it all before I can breathe normally again. Then the cycle starts over again. I laugh at those movie stars talking on the tabloids about their "cancer scare". That is just a routine I go thorough every time I go see the doctor three times a year. For me it's if I get more than two or three in one visit. If i only need one surgery I rejoice.

I love the line of a song "Dance" which says "May you never take one single breath for granted."

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15653

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
more off topic. I was more relieved to get my aunt's funeral over with than the surgery. LOL My sister is so bossy and she had power of attorney and had it for both my parents. I never got to see any of their wills. So I really didn't want to attend the funeral but I knew there'd be Hell to pay with my wife. LOL

The preacher at the funeral was saying how he had never encountered a funeral where the deceased had planned out every single detail and demanded them to be followed out. That was my aunt. I doubt anyone said more prayers for her than my wife. I said a few myself. Yeah, we all need it. And like a priest said at my father's funeral the eulogy's are all lies. That eased the pain a bit how my sisters bashed my father in his eulogy!!! My cousin from Texas said how can you talk about your sister like that? Just remember the Great Deceiver is very sneaky. Like it is said "In the end days it will be hard to tell between good and evil."

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15654

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Back to locating. I noticed yesterday I was watching the EM meter while I was walking with the L-rod. The meter made a large deflection and right then I felt like I was on the signal line and the rod even moved. I've experienced this same thing before. I wasn't on the signal line. Other times the meter made these very sharp deflections like a static discharge. I wasn't even near the meter because it moves if i am within twenty feet of it. Sometimes I can get a little closer to it without disturbing it. I've read that a trained person can send out a charge or rather a discharge, so I don't know what's going on. maybe I'm doing it subconsciously.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 2 months ago #15659

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Speaking of breathing, the belly breath or diaphragm breath is very good for your inner organs. When you breathe, your belly should expand, not your rib cage or clavicle area. This massages your heart, etc.from the suction it creates in your chest cavity. Some people actually breathe the opposite way that their belly goes in when they inhale. You can get twice as much air if you do the belly breath. Some guy in India is said to be conscious of every breath he takes. While it is an involuntary action, you can control it somewhat and this is the gateway to learning to control other involuntary processes and why meditation centers around the breathing. BTW, some people when they try to meditate actually hype themselves up instead of the relaxing. I'm no guru on this subject so you would have to do your own research why you f''ed up.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15739

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Been sick again since last last. Seems like it never ends. Throat so sore I can't eat. Don't feel too bad in the mornings, but later in the day it's not good. Well, on the good side my leg is healing okay. It quit oozing so another week or so and I should be out of the woods on that one. My foot tendon is still there, but I'm taking it easy on it and have good hopes it might be okay in a month or two.

I took apart the Super Star Quantum Leap (SSQL I call it the "Heal Squeal"). It didn't seem up to par lately and something told me to do it and found out i had a wrong wire on the supercharger. I hadn't been using the supercharger much because it didn't seem to help even though the meter said it was putting out three times more power. So I just got that back together and it's working good at the lowest power setting. It even works better without the supercharger as that wire was causing some interference. I've been sick since about early February and I guess my brain was out of sync that day (okay every day :laugh: ) I hooked it up wrong. That really helped remove some anxiety. I haven't been using it much lately (thought is lack of ground moisture or something) and have another MFD antenna I've been liking. But the Heal Squeal is my baby.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by MikeH.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15740

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Off topic--did a search on sore throat and found tylenol does not work on sore throats, use ibuprofen. I had already takes two tylenol so I had to wait until 3 AM for the ibuprofen. Man did I ever need it. And it really helped.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15741

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 468
There is a throat spray that I often use when I have a sore throat or bite a lip or some such mouth injury. I believe it is spelled Cloraseptic mouth spray or some such spelling. I have a very sore throat from my radiation therapy and this stuff is instant relief. The one from Publix is called "Sorethroatspray" and is phenol/oral anesthetic in a spray bottle in different flavors. It works instantly. Hope this helps.

As for the family, funerals are for the living. I would rather do what I can for the person while they are living than try to impress some family nutcase after the person has gone. Don't let these showoffs drag you into their drama show at a funeral. I did not get to my mother's funeral but I sent her money every month while she was alive and helped her with getting anything she wanted or needed while she was alive. I visited her for two weeks but had to leave about a month before she died. We called her every Sunday while she was alive and when we were away for the last 4 or 5 years of her life no matter what we were doing or where we were. She knew the end was getting near and she wanted me and the wife to leave before she got really bad and remember her like she was rather than the way she was becoming because of what was happening to her because of the very debilitating form of cancer she had. I would be the same way. I don't want my kids to have to watch me be destroyed and reduced to something so much less than the father, friend and relative they had known all their lives. A sudden unexpected death is preferable to a long lingering death that turns one into some of the dying people I have seen. However, that's not always going to happen. We have no real control over that. No thanks, celebrate my living, don't grieve my passing.

Mine may seem a selfish way to some but that is what I feel. I want my kids and family to remember the Dad and friend that raised them and took them camping, skiing, fishing and all the other fun things of the last 50 or however many years rather than watching me die in severe pain with no way to control my body or mind. No Thanks, don't make my kids watch that sort of death. I came into this world and will have to leave it fairly soon as time goes. I intend to be cremated and scattered across the waters I have traveled, dove and lived on and loved for many years. I will leave a sum of money to help my friends go out on a boat to scatter my ashes and have one terrific party until the food and booze run out and go home saying how much fun they had throwing the old man's arse overboard. I don't want a whole bunch of grieving and sadness. Have a great time. Celebrate the time I did have here and the good times we had together. If you want to do something for me, just help others find the joy and happiness of the waters and beaches along our great nation. Take your kids fishing, diving or even teach them to treasure hunt or metal detect. Give them some good things to remember you by and not how they had to watch you die.

As for a funeral. I don't need one. I've been here for 70 years so far. It's been a lot of fun, great times, trouble, and even terror at times. I have enjoyed all of it. There were times I have done some things I am not particularly proud of but that is part of life and being human. We all make mistakes, it's part of life. We are not all perfect. I want my friends to come out on the boat to scatter my ashes. Anyone with anything else to say can be left on shore or just thrown off the boat and they can swim with my ashes. :laugh:

Okay, I now return control of your thread to you and I am sorry for dragging you off the subject.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by WhiteFeather.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15745

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I know what you are saying. My father got cancer and he refused any treatment. As he put "I'm playing the cards that were dealt to me." He stayed at home on the morphine IV and it was more than I could handle. Now my aunt, she called me up and said she was going to die and she didn't want us to come over. She told my sister she wanted to go fast. The nurses obliged and she was gone the next morning. I guess if i had my choice I would want to be somewhere in between the two. I just found out the cancer my dad had is genetic. One more nail in the coffin for me. My grandfather lived to 92 said don't ever wish to be this old. My other grandfather worked his dairy farm until he had a stroke at age 86. They put him in a rest home and he went on a hunger strike til he died. Sounds bad but I'm whistling past the graveyard.

I read a story about a monk. He was being chased by tigers and he came to the edge of a cliff. He saw a vine and grabbed on to it and lowered himself down a ways. He looked down and there were more tigers waiting at the bottom. Then he looked at the vine and a mouse was gnawing on it. Then he looked over and saw a strawberry, so he picked it and ate it. It was the best strawberry he had ever eaten. ---Don't think about the past or worry about the future, live for today, the here and now.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by MikeH.

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15747

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Thanks for the info on the throat spray. I've tired a generic brand and maybe that is my problem. LOL

Silver witness for my dowsing amplifier 5 years 1 month ago #15753

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I don't know (anything LOL) but I think I have narrowed it down to tonsillitis. The pain seems to be only on one side now. I'm going to give it another day or two before I seek medical help. You know how it goes, they say "Yeah, you have a sore throat. Take an aspirin and pay me hundreds of dollars."

I was working with my dowsing amplifier (the SSQL "Heal Squeal" ) and I don't have much hair left to pull out. The signal was very weak and I could not even feel the signal line. So something told me to check the other wiring and I found I was getting no amps. Sure enough I had a broken wire. I've been using those nine volt connectors and the wires are very thin and just too weak. It's no big deal because I just have it hay-wired together anyway, but it it a big sigh of relief to know it 's something simple and not the equipment unable to handle conditions. I've been sick and I just don't think all that well and assumed it was locating conditions or just my weak body. Couldn't figure it out. Anyway I got it working. It's been cold here and my throat hurts when i go outside, but soon I will be on the mend. I guess it's a blessing in disguise as my foot tendon has not had to do much work so it's starting to feel a little better. My sister had it said it took a year and a half for hers to heal. The internet article said it could be a year. Pretty sure my shoe insoles the doctor told me to get have helped. My old shoes were worn out and probably caused the damage i the first place. Be thankful for everything. Something good is going to happen today.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate