Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(244 Viewing)  (243) Guest

TOPIC: Some observations with EM meter

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15672

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 2
I got an EM meter a few years ago but never used it much. Then a year or so ago I got the external antenna. I never could figure out what was going on and I still don't claim to know. At times I could wave my hand from several feet away and get a meter deflection. And if I walked past the meter even from nearly twenty feet away I would get a large deflection.I didn't think it was supposed to respond to a person when set to "magnetic ". I wondered how I could still detect a fragile signal line when the meter gave such a large response. Other times I can walk up to the meter and not get a deflection until maybe 5 feet away. Maybe this is weak conditions, I don't know.

I just started thinking (rather TRYING to think LOL) about this. I must be carrying some charge. I've heard of people using a grounding wire on the bottom of their shoe. Obviously this is not as good idea during thunderstorms. LOL I've tried it a couple times without any noticeable results so maybe it just wasn't needed that day. I guess I need to spend more time with the meter and try the grounding wire on a day when I am getting a large meter deflection.

I know sometimes it feels like I am pulling the signal line with me. Maybe this is when the grounding wire would help. I know some people say it depends on what clothes you are wearing. Also heard if you use leather soles on your shoes is supposed to be better. That will have a grounding effect. More later when I get some testing done. One thing I know is the Kp index cannot be depended on one way or the other. Today it was in the red and my meter was not doing anything unless I get near it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15673

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Well as usual I don't know what to think.As I said about a year ago I had the factory install an external antenna port and got the antenna. The instructions say the electric setting is supposed to pick up the human body field. It's as if they wired it wrong because I get way more response from the magnetic setting. i waved a magnet in front of it and didn't get much difference than me walking twenty feet away. So here I am scratching my head again on this one. Not going to have much hair left. :laugh:

BTW, even with the Kp index in high red numbers I get little difference than when it was flat. The meter is not moving unless I walk near it. I saw a couple little bumps even a tiny pulsing but really nothing. Anybody have one of those em meters? We can talk off line if you wish. mowypt at yahoo

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15678

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I was out in the yard maybe a half-dozen times today and just now 3:45 PM did I get any significant em meter deflections. The Kp index has been high in the red numbers all day. Again, what I am finding is if the meter is moving, it feels just like I am on the signal line and the rod responds. So I can sure see why Dell says unstable conditions you can't expect to get any accurate results.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15681

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I just don't know. That em meter isn't responding to any of this huge solar storm. Maybe a new battery would help. I'm getting tired of it. Well at least I got some good news today, they got all the cancer in my leg. Now I can breathe again. The next challenge is when they take out the stitches that i don't split it open. Right now it don't look too good, still bleeding a little after a week. I still can't take the medicine for the foot tendon. Feels like somebody pounded a nail into my heel bone. I talked to someone else who had it and said it took a year and a half.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15682

• wreckdiver
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Congrats on the no Cancer, let's just hope that it stays that way for ya.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15683

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Thanks. Yeah, I feel like I am whistling past the graveyard. At this point it is just discomfort for me. Two family members already gone from cancer and another from a heart attack. Another one had a brain tumor removed, another one had half a pancreas removed. That's plenty good reason to be thankful for everything. Haven't heard about Dell, hope he is getting good medical attention. He's in my prayers.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15685

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
LOL I have more faulty logic than a room full of skeptics. Okay, not quite that bad. Here's some good advice, CHECK THE STUPID BATTERY!!! I made a cut-out so the battery wire runs outside the case and at the factory they stuffed it back inside. I checked the voltage a while back (it was a carbon 9v) thought everything was good. Then this morning the meter went dead and sure enough a new battery gave new life.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15732

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Just to vindicate my freak status, I yesterday I read that human bodies do affect a magnetic field. They were doing some dowsing tests in front of a magnetic coil and when some people stood in front of the coil, the dowser did not get the same response.

Some observations with EM meter 5 years 2 months ago #15736

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 3
Put a bar magnet in your shirt pocket lengthwise. Step on a coin and see if they will close. Now turn the magnet around. Step on the coin again. What did you find out?..Art
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate