Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(202 Viewing)  (202) Guest

TOPIC: SSQL "Heal Squeal"

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15766

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 2
Finally think I am over my throat issues. Pretty sure it was tonsillitis, because one side of my throat started to feel better, then I though tI was over it a couple of times, then the side that didn't hurt started to hurt again and the other side felt better. So finally they both feel better. My brain, I don't know. LOL I guess it took a beating over all the stress from the last ten weeks. My foot tendon is still a problem but as long as I don't stand for too long I can get by.

The SSQL just didn't seem like it's old self and I just figured it was me or some atmospheric conditions. Well, I got it out this morning and rechecked things and found the filter was not working right, it was on the blink. So i just removed it to see what would happen. I still have a cut-off switch for more filtering and my brain had that one bass ackwards. What I thought was filter was no filter. Anyway, I think I have my mind in gear now and the filter is working. I just keep the power level at the lowest setting around my yard. Out in the open I guess more power could be used. I've used a lot of different locators, most of them I can feel the signal line as a quick blink when I cross the signal line, but this one I can stand there and walk it down and it's like it is a solid object I am touching, well nearly solid. You know how when you put two of the same magnet poles near each other it feels solid but it really isn't. This is the same thing only not so strong of course.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by MikeH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15770

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I got into some conductive ground and the signal was very strong. Probably strong enough for a skeptic to use it. :laugh:

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15771

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I'll have to say the SSQL (Super Star Quantum Leap, pronounced "squeal" thus "Heal Squeal") really hits gold and that makes it hard to use.

i don't know if most people realize there is gold everywhere. Gold leaf on book bindings, picture frames. dishes, not to mention electronics almost all have gold traces and contacts, and gold paint/anodizing on many beer cans and bottle tops. You can always tell when the can is rusted to nothing but the gold paint/anodizing is still bright, shiny gold and hits hard. Patches of mineralization are going to hit hard. i remember driving with a locator and every underground telephone box it would pull to. Lots of gold contacts. The point is, even if you have some sort of weight filter, it is not easy to knock out these small gold items and still pick up something small like gold jewelry. So you end up hitting a lot of gold plated stuff. I know the LRL's are much better suited for detecting large caches if you have a good weight filter. People want the device to find fresh targets, but if it hits them, it's going to hit everything.

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15772

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
The quest for the perfect locator is like searching for the Holy Grail. People see it but it disappears before they can get it in their hands.

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15774

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I came up with another modification today. It's a step down but it's cheaper and less labor involved. And it seems to work, but more testing is necessary. Hope to get out sometime. Yesterday we had 81 degrees, then a storm blew in and dumped some snow. Very wet and cold, but we sure needed the moisture.

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15780

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Scratch that one. Like I said it's a step down and it's not even a quantum leap device. I was making some adjustments with a multi meter and noticed something I didn't like. So I've been messing with the mods I made on the SSQL and I found something I like. It's my thinking that serendipity happens when you work to the point of exhaustion. When your conscious brain lets go, the subconscious takes over and shows you how to do it. Also there's something about these solar storms. I seem to get inspiration or something. I know the magnetic waves mimic the human brain wave frequencies. Something happens there, I don't know what it is.

SSQL "Heal Squeal" 5 years 1 month ago #15783

• MikeH
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I admit i am not the sharpest tool on the electronics worktable, but I figured out something I had been doing wrong. If someone had hit me over the head with it I still probably would not have seen it. But somehow the thought came to me, so the modification I made yesterday is more to my liking now. And i can use the same thing on the original QL version. So things are looking up. Be thankful for everything and Something good is going to happen today.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate