Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(136 Viewing)  (136) Guest

TOPIC: Who am I

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15034

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 3
Let me start with a little background. In the 60's and 70's I was busy raising a family and working 12 hours a day 7 days a week from June until September. When I did get some time off we would go camping. I did some panning and knew a few full time miners.
In 81 my place of work shut down. I was able to take an early retirement but with a lot of restrictions if I worked. The first few years I worked and started to prospect. Then I realized with the retirement restrictions they were taking most of my retirement money away from me so I became a full time miner.
At first I helped my Nephew operate a 12 inch dredge on the Bear River and prospected with a 2 inch dredge .I've worked on the Feather River with 2, 4 and 6 inch dredges. I worked on the three forks of the American River with 6 and 8 inch dredges. I have worked 50 foot under water with a 8 inch dredge and that was no fun at all..
In 1997 I had to come out of the water because of a heart problem. I still wanted to look for gold, so I started to prospect with Electronic devices. One of them used rods to follow the signal that it made. In 2002 I started to learn about Dowsing. I found that many of the things I had learned using the electronic device could also be used with Dowsing. I developed may skills with the rods and found many ounces of gold.
In 2004 I started looking for large treasure. It took a lot of time to learn how to research areas and was a whole new ballgame…..Art
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15036

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 467
B) Ahoy Art, Welcome Aboard TreasureWorks from sunny southwest Florida. I think you are going to like it here. I hope to meet you at the next Treasure Hunter's cookout in the summer. I missed last summer's cookout because the wife had some heart problems so we had to back out at the last second. All of the people on here are friendly and as helpful as you will find anywhere on the net. On here you won't get booted off for discussing other treasure sites or new ideas. Our leader and wandering treasure hunter mascott, Tommy, is one of the best people you will ever meet and he runs the site the way it should be. Most of the time he is wandering around some jungle or someplace treasure hunting and he still manages to get in here and keep things going. Like I said, this is a collection of every type of treasure hunter from the very novice to the hardened professional and they are all happy to help out where ever they can. Enjoy and post lots of pictures. We like pictures.............. :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15037

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hey WhiteFeather...Thank you for the welcome. I had turned all my attentions to T-Net for a lot of years. They deleted everything a few time so I won’t go back there. I have been searching for a board that is active and have not found one. I lot of people are reading my post so may they will post some questions...Art

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15038

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Welcome aboard Art, good to have you aboard with us at TreasureWorks. Lots of good folks here from diverse back grounds and interests in treasure hunting. While we may not be as large and as active as T-Net or even some of the others that are still around, I think most of us were on there at one time or another.

Tommy
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15039

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Thank you Tommy...I am sure that there are a lot of questions that need to be answered...Art

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15044

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Welcome aboard Art. You have some interesting posts and background. I would like to believe rod dowsing works, though I've yet to witness it for myself. Do you know Cal Johnson by any chance? He has an interesting way of dowsing with a little gadget he invented that seems to work.

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15046

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
They will work for most people...You have to try them and learn for yourselves...My wife and a son could not use them...Want to try Dowsing..All it costs you is a little time....Art

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15047

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 54
WWWOOOHHHOOOO- FRESH MEAT ! :silly:

OUT OF 186 GUEST'S and 187 viewing, FINALLY some one became a do'r and NOT a internet voyeur !
from the desert southwest (arizona-aka-hells waiting room ) WELCOME !

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15048

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
And now I just set here and try to pass on my experience to others...there is so much to learn about the enjoyable hobby of Treasure Hunting.....Art

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15069

• rugger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
aarthrj3811
I have a site I,ve been searching for some time, would love your input if you have time

Rugger

Who am I 5 years 6 months ago #15070

• aarthrj3811
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Hey Rugger....Anything to help. I am a pretty good Map Dowser and just love to look for stuff using that method...Send anything to aarthrj@aol.com..Art
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate