Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(80 Viewing)  (80) Guest

TOPIC: Dive tanks for sale or trade

Dive tanks for sale or trade 2 months 3 weeks ago #20738

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) Ahoy Y'All, I have decided to start getting rid of some, if not all of my tools and equipment that I either can't use or haven't used in a long while. Starting I have some dive tanks. I haven't checked but I don't think any are in hydro so I am getting rid of them real cheap. That way if you want to hydro them they will still be a bargain. I was thinking $25 each. If you want all of them I will let them go for $140 for all 7 tanks. That's $20 each. I would also not object to a barter or trade. Two of the tanks are a double set with the strap band.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I have some other equipment that I will be getting ready to sell as soon as I can get through this chemo and Stem Cell treatments.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dive tanks for sale or trade 2 months 3 weeks ago #20739

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
Can you post some of the dates on the tanks? Most dive shops will not fill any tanks older than 1990. Also the tanks made from 6351-T6 alloy are the ones that crack and explode. The alloy should be stamped on the neck.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Salvor6.

Dive tanks for sale or trade 2 months 3 weeks ago #20740

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
Ahoy Pete, some of the tanks are pretty old. I was still filling them at home but I decided to get rid of the heavy assed compressor. Bad move but I always managed to do without one up until now.

Okay, The day before yesterday was a real bad one too. I had just gotten out of chemo at the Florida Cancer Center and headed down to Venice Beach to deliver an engine hoist I had sold. I was running 70 or very close to it when something came bouncing out from under the truck running in front of me. With traffic on both sides and in front of me I tried to avoid the object but it was coming to fast and bouncing wildly. It I hit it at 70m MPH with the right front tire. The tire on the front seemed to just bounce over it and instantly the rear tire on the back passenger side exploded like a 4th of July rocket. The noise was deafening but I managed to keep the truck in my lane while trying to get off the road surface. After I stopped I got to the shoulder and got a look at the tires and the damaged fender. The support brackets were ripped away, the fender was twisted and the fender extension was badly damaged. Okay, the first order of business was to get the damaged tire off and put the spare on the truck. Simple enough job, just change a flat. Right? Never is a simple job just a simple job! The rubber from the tire was twisted around the fender supports under the bed. I managed to get all of the rubber out of the fender well and started taking the damaged tire off the truck. Now it gets to where I can see the damage under the truck and fender. The tire blew out and twisted around the fender supports and fender. The truck was bad hurt! The fender is twisted and shoved up under the outer fender well. I am not sure a body shop will want to do the body work the truck needs to make it a respectable ride. The body man's job in todays world is remove and replace, I just want it to remain a respectable ride that I can trade in soon. I have a feeling that a body shop will be to high. I have a large deductible but if they go above the truck's Blue Book value Florida says they have to total the truck. I ran into that with my Dodge. I had just rebuilt the engine and trans and some illegal T-Boned me. $3,500 was the book value. I could have repaired the truck for around $1,500 to $2,000 but when they gave me the check for damages a tow truck showed up and took my truck with my brand new engine. The truck was NOT totaled. The insurance company just saw a way to get their money back by selling my new engine and other parts. That will not happen again. I will know what the local auto train can do. I had never had an insurance claim where the insurance company wouldn't let you buy back the vehicle if they declared it a total. Anyhow, this guy shows up and hooks up to my truck. When he opened the hood he said he had never seen an engine that looked that clean and sounded so good. I got hoodwinked that time but it won't happen again. I could have even repaired the damages on the old truck without even having to remove the bed. I tried to get my truck back but the insurance company wouldn't let me. I don't know what I can do to prevent that from happening again but I am going to try.

Okay, today I am hurting really bad but I am still doing the chemo. I was just told that my stem cells will be ready to start replacing them. It looks like this; 3/19 chemo, 3/24 chemo, 3/24 chemo, 3/24, chemo, 4/06, 4/07 infusion, 4/08 infusion, 4/09 infusion, 4/10 infusion, 4/11 infusion. Now, on each of the dates I have from 2 to 4 treatments. They range from 4 to 6 hours and up. After these appointments and infusions are done I will check into the hospital for a 2 week replacement of the modified cells that will, if all goes well, attack the cancer and do anything from push it into remission to possible destroying it all together. Although the latter is a long shot the possibility is there and I am going to do my very best to beat this.

Some nurse just came in and started some kind of heart checkup. I told them earlier that I had experienced some chest and lower neck pain that had bothered me last week. They have freaked out. I kept telling him that it was just sore muscles and possibly just some off the Wall muscle pull. I have great heart blood flow .He wouldn't listen as usual. I am not happy about a nurse going to my doctors and telling them to order a bunch more testing. You want a look? order an EKG or other tests after today's infusion is done. But, I guess you can't tell them you pulled a muscle. They over react.

Here are a few photos of the tire and damage to my truck and a couple of pictures of some new playtoys.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I will get off this for now and check in with Family. :laugh:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

Dive tanks for sale or trade 1 month 4 weeks ago #20770

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 56
I would also not object to a barter or trade. Two of the tanks are a double set with the strap band.

I would like to have the two banded tanx, just one strap or two ?
really just want the valves and straps, the weight would be a major pain in shipping if I couldnt get them hydro' ed
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate