Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(93 Viewing)  (93) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is SOLD!!!!!

It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is SOLD!!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #5376

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 407
REDUCED TO $29,500 :woohoo:

B) Here it is folks, we have put our 57' Carri Craft Casa Grande up for sale. Due to health reasons and financial considerations we have decided to downsize and get back to Treasure Hunting and traveling.

Some particulars;

1. Registered and doccumented at 57 feet she actually measures 60 feet with the folding swim platform and anchor pulpit.

2. Powered by twin GM 427-375Hp gas engines.

3. Radar, GPS, Loran, autohelm, Ship to Shore radio and depth finder.

4. Two full staterooms

5. Two full bathrooms with showers, hot water and the master bath also has a bathtub.

6. Fully carpeted with sleep sofas and three recliners. It will sleep up to 10 comfortably.

7. Full galley with regular kitchen cabinates.

There are to many "things and options" to list. I will have to make up a printout to post later. For now it should suffice to say that she is a very big, shallow draft boat. Suitable for long term Treasure Hunting in remote areas. She would make a great "Mothership" for those extended searches in remote areas. She is also the best Live Aboard that I have ever had. More room and comfort than you can immagine. She is a great floating waterfront condo for a fraction of the price if you are looking for that Florida Retirement Home that is affordable. With this home you can move and never even have to pack a bag. If your neighbors get rowdy or if you just don't like them you just untie your lines and drive your home to another town or dock. Think about it! Where else can you have a floating Florida Waterfront Condo for under $30,000. Try me, make an offer and lets get her to your Florida Dream home location or put her to work chasing that long lost Treasure waiting for you to come and get it.

I also have extra fuel tanks that will go with the boat. I bought them to increase the range and so the generators would have extra fuel for extended run time and hunting time. The top deck is very large, about 45 feet by 10 feet, wide open with a grill and removeable seating. There are A/C units on the roof that need to be either repaired or replaced. There are two window A/C units and four central heat units. Big windows offer a clear view 360 degrees around the boat from the wheelhouse or from below deck. I often use the wheelhouse bunk rather than the staterooms because I can watch the stars, weather, dolphins and activities around me while laying on the bunk and writing about the world around me on TreasureWorks.

She is currently anchored at the Cortez drawbridge at Bradenton, Florida and can be seen by appointment only as I have to make arrangements to launch my small fishing boat to get out to her. No one is allowed to approach or board her without me being present. I repeat, no one can board her. I have people watching her that will call me and the marine police if anyone boards her. Please stay away from her unless I am with you. This is for your safety as well as the safety of my boat. Please do not board her for any reason.

I know our boat needs some work and needs the main generator repaired and have taken this into consideration in our pricing. These big Carri Crafts are very sought after live aboard boats because of their ability to handle rough water and their extreeme living space. The below deck storage is larger than most boats living space. The ride and living area is envied throughout the boating world. There are few if any boats that are this spacious and comfortable.

Anyone interested in making a reasonable cash offer or wanting more information about her can respond here or email me. I am posting her at $45,000 JUST REDUCED TO $29,500 but am open to reasonable offers. She is worth much more but I want to get her sold so I can get some things to help with my wife's health and so we can get an RV and a smaller boat to trailer behind the RV.

Here are a few pictures of her;
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by WhiteFeather. Reason: BOAT SOLD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5536

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 24
I HAVE TO ASK---WHY DID YOU NAME HER -WHITEFEATHER ??
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5550

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Her name was White Feather when we bought her. The fellow who ordered her from Carri-Craft named her that new and I didn't see any reason to change her name. We did not see her name until we went to pick her up. She was a Coast Guard Auxillary Vessel on the Great Lakes for many years and traveled the Great Loop and out to the Bahamas and all over the Gulf. For 43 years it was her name so why change it? B)

This picture was taken the day we bought her. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Later I relettered her myself and updated the documentation information and added a swim platform. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I thought she deserved better than some little stick-on letters so I painted her name on myself. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I hate the thought of selling her but our health demands that I downsize. Hey, maybe we could sell timeshares on her? Pick your time and send $500 deposit for whatever week you want to stay aboard. I'll move her to the Keys and arrange an anchorage and marina $1,500 a week all inclusive except for food and fuel. Nah, I'll bet the insurance would be disasterous. Could you see someone who did not know how shallow it gets in the Keys running our boat up on one of the reefs? It would be part of the treasure fleet instead of looking for it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5571

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
IF I HAD ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE, I WOULD SNATCH HER UP IN A HEART BEAT....I LOVE THE DESIGN...
but things are not going so good for me right now,im gonna have to wait till after the holidays to get back out to the dig site,,,damn BLM & squirl cops are giving us a hard time with moving the big guns out to the site,,I might just have to dig out there in the heat this year..

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5605

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
are those rudder wells on the stern, or is it an out drive set up ?---I ask about the name because every-time I hear of a white feather, I think of carlos hathcock,
as you are from that era, I was curious to know if you knew him,
it sounds like it has had quit the history..! :)

the swim deck is a damn good idea, a must have for diving...looks well done..
im surprised that there is not an entry door from the salon, it appears that the only access to the stern is from the observation deck.---or is that the master suite ??

here is a pic of my last vessel, she was a derelict that I acquired from san diego,had here shipped to az, then got an obscene offer for her, so I sold it.
she was a 65 chris craft cavalier,35ft, twin 327's,,, This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by scubasmitty.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5606

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Nice chris+Craft. I had a 64 Connie that I still miss. It was dropped by a marina during haulout. Long story, bad ending... :angry:

White Feather is also a Lakota Challange of a fight to the death. It has several meanings depending on who you ask. It had nothing to do with Carlos. I know of him but never had the pleasure of meeting him.

The rudders are thru-hull type. She is strictly inboard. Huge 4 blade props. The swim deck is a bit high because of the rudders but I designed a ladder that will extend down into the water. The staterooms are forward. The main salon is open and spacious as is the top deck. I was thinking of moving the back entrance. I have a few pictures of ideas that this model came with and was thinking of doing some redesign when I got her to the yard.

These are some picture ideas I was thinking of incorporating into White Feather when I overhauled her. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Here is the swim platform I bought and overhauled before installing on hinges so it will fold against the transom. :woohoo: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5607

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
that first pic with the side entrance door is a good idea,but I would put it on the stern instead, walk on the swim deck then onto the boat, it would help when diving & if you didn't want visiters just lift the draw bridge..!

some good ideas, for sure..!

the CC was a ply wood hull, & a wooden boat nut,went ape at the sight of her & gave me an offer I couldn;t refuse.
but I miss her as well.!
they say there are two good days owning a boat,,the day you buy it & the day you sell it ! LOL.. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by scubasmitty.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 2 months ago #5610

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) My thoughts exactly. The transom door makes more sense, heavy gear boards easier from the swim platform. The hull design is like two long pontoons with an engine in each one at the stern. This gives you much more leverage when turning with the engines. The distance between the engines is somewhere near 10 or 11 feet. The rudders, in my opinion, are a bit to small but she was built for speed and a fast boat always has smaller rudders. I have no problem turning or spinning her in the canals or in a very tight anchorage. She will turn in her own length. The folding swim platform is great because it can be brought up against the transom so the dink can be craddled off the stern and not damage or be damaged against the swim deck.

Although easier to work on I did not care for the plywood models. My Chris was a mahogany plank over oak frames and stringers. We named her "Damphool Two". Yessir, You got the Damphool Captain! :laugh:
Last Edit: 8 years 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 1 week ago #6533

• lobsterman
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Great looking boat !!!. I soo wish i had the funds. I have always like the carri craft hulls, (and i don't say that about many recreational hulls at all ). I once saw a nice one rigged for commercial fishing up in Homer Alaska. Also .... I think i remember hearing that someone had even converted one to be a sort of hydrofoil assisted, ( 2 retractable t-wings at the bow, and a hinged wing foil type thing at the back).

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 3 days ago #6684

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I wouldn't doubt the conversions or modifications. This is one very strong and heavy hull. I have also seen some very interesting modifications for both living aboard and commercial use. I had also thought of modifying ours as a floating engine shop complete with a lift crane and overhead rail system for pulling engines right out of boats on the water and rebuilding them aboard without having to go ashore. The Carri-Craft is a very stable hull and can handle several thousand pounds without it adversly affecting hull configuration or stability. She holds her shape and still floats in very shaollow water. Mine draws less than 3 1/2 feet. I have stood at the swim platform scraping the bottom with water below my belt and had room under the props where I could pass my foot under the prop.

Another modification I had considered was to rig her as a floating dredge with a shaker system for sluicing gold from shallow rivers. I figure that, like Alaska, some of our rivers that empty into the bays and coastal waters may contain enough washdown gold to make the investigation worth while. But that is something that is purely speculation at this point. :woohoo:

Still another thought would be to clean her up real pretty, add all new appliances and rent her out at the dock as a floating vacation condo, complete with a 15 foot fishing boat tied across the swim platform. :woohoo: I could rent her out for about $500 to $1,000 a week and she would never have to leave the dock. I had an end slip that had a perfect riverview and the dink tied off alngside on the Caloosahatchee river. Killer view, awesome fishing and just 4 or 5 minutes from shopping and all sorts of attractions. I could also rent her out anchored in the Keys or anywhere else someone wanted to be anchored for their vacation.

I may still get into something like that. Right now we are at Bradenton, Florida. Just minutes from Tampa/St. Pete and the Tampa Bay and offshore fishing that is amoung the best on the Gulf of Mexico. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 8 years 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 8 years 3 days ago #6691

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
scubasmitty wrote:
they say there are two good days owning a boat,,the day you buy it & the day you sell it ! LOL.. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I thought the saying was... 'the day you bought it and the day your wife fell off of it!' :laugh:

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 7 years 9 months ago #7650

• Skalleywag
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I am interested in White Feather if she is still for sale. Sent you an email. I am in Port St Lucie, FL. When was her last survey?

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 7 years 9 months ago #7685

• texastee2007
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Bumping it up cause she's a beauty! Prayers for your wife's health.
Love like there is no tomorrow!

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 7 years 9 months ago #7749

• Skalleywag
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi there, not sure if you are getting my emails so I am re-posting here.I am very interested in purchasing White Feather if she is still on the market. I have cash and have been looking for a Carri Craft in Florida for about a year now. Apparently I missed some that sold 2 and 3 years ago.

My wife and I are waiting to find the right boat to move our family aboard and cruise Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas and the Chesapeake Bay where I grew up with our 3 children over the next 5 years, mabey more. We think it will be a great opportunity to teach our children about self reliance, seamanship, history and ecology in a floating classroom. We have been geo caching for a couple of years now and my two oldest like the idea of doing some real treasure hunting as well.

I have narrowed my hull type desired to the Carri Craft beecause of her dry weather and efficient Cat Hull design. Carri's in my opinion are the safest hull design for a houeboat I am willing to commit my family to for extended cruising. My wife does not like the confinement of a sailboat or trawler so it's a houseboat or nothing with her.

I have found a few nice Carri's in the same price range in various similar condition, however yours is the only one in Florida at this time. The fact that you have aquired extended range tanks is a plus for me as well as I had intended to do the same to what ever vessel I purchase for the same reasons you mentioned. We live in Port Saint Lucie, so your boat is the closest to us of all I have found.

I am sorry to hear that health problems are the cause of your consideration to put White Feather up for sale. My prauers go out to you and your family! My family is anxious to aquire our new home and begin refitting for our planned crusing adventure. I can assure you that White Feather will be well loved and cared for as I have restored many an old boat with my dad and hope to bring the vessel we aquire to as near bristol condition as is possible since it will be our home and my wife will have it no other way.

Please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are still interested in selling White Feather. I would like to come over and meet you to have a look at her when it is convenient for you.

Good Speed to you and your family! I hope to hear from you soon.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 7 years 8 months ago #8660

Please advise if you still have your Carri, and what the current price is. Thanks in advance. Frank Webb Canada...exumaskies@hotmail.com 604-345-2084

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 7 years 8 months ago #8695

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yes, I still have the boat. It has been sitting on anchor since October and has developed a few problems from lack of use. I am bringing it up the Manatee River to the retirement park where I live in a couple of weeks to pull the starboard engine so I can replace the flywheel and replace the port side exhaust manifolds. A small leak on the inboard exhaust cooler says it is time to replace them. I always replace them in pairs because if one started leaking the other one will be close behind. So, for the time being I am not planning on selling it until I get the problems repaired but that doesn't mean I won't listen to an offer. Anyone wanting to look at it only has to contact me and I'll be more than glad to show her off. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 6 years 9 months ago #12325

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) We have reposted Feather for sale at $29,500 or best offer. Right now we are getting some offers but it is still early. She is in need of some work but is a very solid hull and both engines run extremely well. Both transmissions and v-drives are in top shape and working as they are supposed to. The radar has quit, both rooftop A/C units are not working but we never used them anyhow in the years we have owned her. All the very large windows allow a constant breeze throught the boat.

I am getting to old to keep up with all she needs and would like to sell her before she gets away from me maintenance wise. She is an awesome live aboard and has so much potential as a treasure boat or just to call home anchored in some cove , river or bay. Just the thing to get away from it all and have all the convienences of home. :woohoo:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Immagine being anchored out in someplace like Boot Key Harbor or anywhere you would like!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

How about being aboard the boat that everyone in the anchorage wishes they had. We got that a lot when we were anchored out and living aboard. It could be you anchored out and living the life. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 6 years 9 months ago #12328

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 49
Russell, Good Luck and keep the faith. .........Mike

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 6 years 9 months ago #12330

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
IF NOT ME, PLEASE MAKE SURE, THEY ARE WORTHY,

to own her, love her, respect her, and CARE for her, :(

Re: It's official, our Carri Craft Casa Grande is for sale! 6 years 9 months ago #12334

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 33
Good luck with the sale, Russ. It's hard to part with things but as things change, sometimes we have to adjust our aim.
As Brother Bob said: Every little ting gonna be alright"
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by ropesfish.
  • Page:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate