Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(101 Viewing)  (101) Guest

TOPIC: Used Watermaker

Used Watermaker 9 years 1 week ago #1124

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 407
B) I am kind of looking for several things for my boat. One thing on the list is a watermaker. Nothing massive or high volume yet but something that works and is cheap, ......... er, inexpensive! :laugh: An older unit that you may have taken out and replaced or one you have laying around collecting dust instead of water. The cheaper the better and free is awesome. I'll even chip in some time treasure hunting with us after my wife's surgery when we get going back out along the coast. I'm open to suggestions. I am cash short but have extra cabins aboard for guests. :cheer:

I also need someone who is fluent in speaking 'Old Generator". My 6.5 Kohler generator of 1969 vintage tried to eat a can of something when I had it running. The can fell into the main control box and caused some kind of electrical problem that I have been unable to figure out. Thus, I need to pick someone's brain or have them come by sometime to look at this dinosaur.

Watermaker and generator, what else? Oh yeah, I could use some sort of anchor windlass. I have 60 pound anchors on 3/8 chain that get heavy for this old man. Years ago I did not mind hauling up a 60 pound anchor on 50 feet of 3/8 chain. Now it seems a bit heavier than it used to be. I think the metal got denser over the years and heavier from being water saturated.

A swing arm lift like for a davit or two for semi-heavy lifting? I have a thousand pound dink that it would be nice to be able to lift to the top deck when traveling. Not to mention it could be handy for lifting other things to deck level. Like when someone falls overboard and is to wasted to climb back aboard. Not that that happens a lot. :laugh: It's just a long way to the deck when you are in the water. It could come in handy for who knows what.

The wife is going to have to go in for another surgery soon. We were intending to cast off in a couple of weeks but now we will be a bit longer so I aim to put the time at the dock to good use and add a few things to the boat.
Thanks,
White Feather

P.S. Dancing Girls are out of the question. Nope, won't work!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate