Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(114 Viewing)  (114) Guest

TOPIC: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!!

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #540

• Scaled Down
  • Treasure Hobbyist
I enjoy the change of pace up there and less traffic.I also enjoy that lazy rainbow river and relaxing on the withlacootchee catching some bass. My grandmother lives in Crystal River and that city has grown ten fold in the last twenty years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #545

• comfortably numb
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
You ain't telling me nothing,lol I still live on the same property my family setteled in 1850. We've seen it grow!
"Does anyone know where the love of god goes, When the waves turn the minutes to hours"

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #551

• Billinstuart
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Stuart..on what used to be the Treasure Coast.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1125

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 467
B) These marina owners seem to think we are rich or stupid. It costs over $700 a month to tie up to a stick in the rivermud. As soon as the wife is able we are casting off and cruising up the west coast or down to the Keys. Not sure yet. We'll decide when the time comes. I figure which ever way the tide is running when we cast off is the way we will go. :woohoo:

Who else is drifting around trying to bump into treasure? :laugh:

colorado14ers, We are here until the wife has her surgery done and we get the "All Clear" to head back out on the water aboard our boat. There are a few spots around here to detect but I like to hook up to the dink and haul it to areas near beaches so I can dive and search in the water. If you are interested or know of some other areas we can get together and do a little hunting. Beach is good! Old swimming holes are great. Suspected shipwreck sites are AWESOME!

Even a trip to the Keys after we get the boat out of here is possible. Naples and Marco Island areas are also interesting. We have a very fast small dink that can hit 30MPH when it has to. Fishing, snorkeling or diving. It's all on our "Fun To Do" list. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
:woohoo:
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1136

• ScubaDigger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Downtown Ft. Lauderdale! I'm ready!!!

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1138

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
White Feather,I just bought an old 18 foot Pontoon boat and trailer. I don't have any money, and can hardly walk, but I plan on building me a long bunk, and a collapsable rain shelter so I can rough it on site for a week or so at a time.

I plan on exploring in shallow water around the islands west of Homosassa Springs. I'm considering the possibility that Cheif Calos navy, may have captured Spanish vessels in the Gulf, brought them into shallow water, and burned them to the water line. Hopefully, with Treasure still on board.

If you are going to be up in that area in a couple of months, when the water is a bit warmer, let me know. Dell This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Dell Winders.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1140

• ScubaDigger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Hi,

I'm in! Let me know, and I'll join (other than a two week window in April where I'll be in Boston - this year only) During the summers I'm off overseas and get back in around October-November. I've been diving and I have ALL the gear, double/stage tanks, including a portable compressor... Just let me know what you need and what it takes to dig with like-minded people!

Konstantin

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1141

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
I just created a boats section in Tools of the Trade
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1147

• ScubaDigger
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Mmmm...
"Tools of the trade" I am still learning how to navigate through this forum, so I am not too sure what exactly you mean! I have a question though, I checked on Google, and I saw references of the place being part of a National Park and of manatees. Is digging allowed? Is there a permitting process? Most importantly... Aligators?!?!???
I also presume the bottom must be silt, and several feet thick, right? Magnetometers would be useless, since even the nails must be copper (bronze cannon, anchors, etc. must have already been salvaged back then)
Let's further brainstorm this,
Konstantin

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1153

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Dell, I wish you were closer and I'd help with the pontoon work. Don't buy any canvas for the top. I have some very nice material that you are welcome to. When I get ready to head up towards Gainsville I will let you know. I may have a bunch of other material and hardware that you will be able to use. I'll know in a few days when we will have to go up to see Sherene's doctors. I think you are along the way and not to far off RT 98. I'll use 75 to go up but coming back we can go off course as we have to. I'll look into gathering whatever I can if I think it will be useful on your project. I have some 15 gallon plastic water barrels. They fit nicely under a seat when used on their side. If you want to do the rough it style I will gather a few things I have extra. Might as well rough it in style. The cover material I have is nearly indestructable and I make all sorts of things with it. I think your rails should be just under 8 feet across deck. I also have an older camp style stove, who needs cold meals every day, a coleman gas lantern that uses those little propane tanks and I have several of the tanks you can have.

How is the engine? I speak fluent "Outboard" and will gladly see what I can do if you need help with yours. Of course if we get to bring the big boat up we have extra room aboard and you are welcome to join us for meals, showers and even sleeping quarters. The wife may talk your ear off but she is a great person and means well. Ask Aquanut or comfortably numb. Didn't you meet her at Aquanut's last year? She was the talky one.

Just send me some pictures or ideas of what you have planned and I'll see what I can get together for you. I will look to see if I can roundup some free stainless framing so we can make a collapsable style roof. A nice big bimini would be nice. I'll ask around.

Ahoy ANAPXIA, Sorry, no digging in National parks. That's a good way to lose your boat and gear. As for gators? Nah we don't got no stinkin' gators! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 3 months ago #1162

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Wow! I don't get that much for Christmas.That's very generous. Thank you very much.

Actually I already have most of the things you mentioned. I'm not concerned about appearance but I do have to keep any structure as light as possible in order to carry equipment. I have camp stove, grills that run on small propane tanks, lanterns, etc. I'm making the enclosure frame from PVC pipe, and light Tarpaulins. Side curtains will remain attached with the corners seamed together with velcro and roll up & down as needed. The roof tarp will be quickly removable, and the PVC roof frame merely raises & lowers inside 4' high PVC stanchions.

The heaviest weight will probably be a portable 2K generator to charge batteries and run a Microwave. I'm pretty lazy about cooking when I am out by myself.

I don't have the boat at my house yet so it will be a couple of weeks before I get started on it. It has an old 50 hp Evenrude with a bad lower unit. I think I am going to opt for an old 55 HP Chrysler, that needs a starter. A dive ladder to support my weight will be another concern. I paid $400 for the Boat, motor, and Trailer, so I am not expecting much.

I live off Highway 27, on Lake Marion. It can be seen from Google Earth. My E-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I sure hope you don't have to bring me something as a reason to stop by and see us. I'm a poor host, and we live very humbly, but Trudy loves company, and loves to talk.

No gators here either. The dang Crocodiles ate them all. Dell This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
DELL & CROC
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Dell Winders.

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 9 years 2 months ago #1730

Ft. Lauderdale...

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 7 years 9 months ago #9391

Inverness

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #12917

• zpr2511
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Sarasota, seista key, moat marine laboratory docks at the park.....

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #12918

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Welcome aboard zpr2511

Tommy

Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #14160

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, here's an update. As most of you already know, we have since left Fort Myers and moved up to Ellenton, on the Manatee River. We sold the big boat, reluctantly, and bought a 30 foot Regal which promptly blew an engine. Anyhow, we now live on the Manatee River about a mile above the interstate.

Do we have any new Florida treasure hunters along the west coast? St Pete and Tampa are not far from here. We often search the local beaches and are still trying to head out as soon as the wife's health allows. :woohoo:

Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #14195

• Dunit772
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Port Saint Lucie

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 6 years 1 month ago #14196

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
aquanut wrote:
Orlando
Now Ft. Myers

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 5 years 5 months ago #15276

• chancey55
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All Orlando,Fla. here.

chancey55

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 5 years 5 months ago #15278

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Welcome aboard chancey55, how is everything on O town today?
Moderators: Salvor6