Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(167 Viewing)  (167) Guest

TOPIC: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!!

Re: Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 5 years 7 months ago #15477

• tpoulton
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Looking for buddy to detect with in ft Myers area. I'm new to the area and metal detecting. Anyone interested please reply.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 5 years 7 months ago #15481

• tpoulton
  • Treasure Hobbyist
Fort Myers

Calling all Florida Hunters!!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #20754

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 481
B) UPDATE, I AM NOW IN ELLENTON, FLORIDA ON THE MANATEE RIVER ABOUT A MILE EAST, UPRIVER, OF THE I-75 INTERSTATE CROSSING. I am about 15 miles upriver from Tampa Bay. I also had to get rid of the 57 foot Catamaran and have since been using my little 26 foot former Navy lifeboat for fishing and diving when I can get time and health to go out. I am now undergoing chemo treatments and am going in Moffitt Cancer center in a couple of weeks for a Stem Cell transplant and more chemo to try to stop this Multiple Myeloma Cancer. I am supposed to go in the hospital next week to start the process and it will be for about 2 weeks in hospital and another two weeks of staying nearby the hospital in case there is some kind of adverse reaction to the procedure or an allergic reaction. After that we will retest for the cancer to see how well or even if it worked. I have plans to get back out and do some diving, fishing and treasure diving and hunting along the west coast of Florida so I really don't have time for failure. That's not an option!. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Let's get this show on the road! I have gold to haul out of the Bay and spend to buy a new 60 footer. These little 30 and 40 footers are to small and cramped. I need boat space!

I have a 32 foot Hatteras that just needs some serious engine help! If someone wants to partner up I will supply the boat and a lot of tools, materials, equipment and whatever help I am capable of giving. I am willing to work out a partnership or some kind of usage deal with you f you are looking for a boat capable of offshore Gulf fishing, cruising, treasure hunting or just having weekends or even months out on the Gulf. I need someone with some serious diesel engine savvy and can actually do the engine work. This cancer has left me kind of weak and a bit short on ability for the lifting and crawling around the engine rooms that needs to be done. A serious knowledge of electrical , both 12 and 120 volt would be a tremendous help also. I have been doing what I can but this stupid cancer has slowed me down to a literal crawl. BUMMER!

Check it out!!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Twin 3208T Cat Diesels. Left, Port engine needs to be lifted out and a new oil pan installed. I don't know if it needs anything else. I was told it was a running engine when I bought the boat.

I just searched this computer for any photos of the engines and they must be in the old computer. I'll get some photos when I get down to the boat later today. The engines should be repairable without much expense or work. I was told they both ran but I know I was lied to. There is no way the previous owner had them running. He also had no knowledge of MARINE DIESELS. He thought they were the same as automotive engines. That alone said he wasn't up to Marine repairs. Even the electrical systems have to be wired different than in a car or truck. A lot of the heavy duty wiring was missing completely and I have spent a lot of money, time and effort getting enough really heavy wire to replace what was missing. The wiring in the boat needs some serious updating and re-routing. Once I saw the extent of jury rigged solutions I knew they had lied about the engines. There were no batteries aboard. The boat had gotten water in the back end and the generator was destroyed. Fortunately, I have gensets and the little diesel engine that turned the generator was still good. Just the generator it's self was locked up from about a foot of water left in the lazzerette. ….. ….. ….. The reason I tell you all the bad I know of is that I don't want any misunderstandings. If you want to consider looking into this I don't want you to come here thinking this will be a piece of cake. I have a lot of money tied up in this boat that I am willing to use and take in a partner. Your end will not be to do a tune-up and jump into a $40,000 to $60,000 boat. The better we make it, the more it will be worth. These 32 Hatteras, Sport fishermen are great boats and this one is very solid and the hull is in top condition. The electronics need updating, I have a few things, the fridge is only about a year old, the interior is in very good condition, I have a new Bimini cover and seats. I installed a new fighting chair and downrigger. I have only one outrigger because someone came by and must have needed one. Props are good, I painted the bottom about 18 months ago, It may need some zincs by now. I haven't been in the water this year to inspect them. Anyhow, that's my offer. If you want to stop by and look into it just let me know. Anyone that knows me will tell you I am brutally honest and straight forward about telling you everything I know about a boat and what I know of it needing. If I remember anything else later I will add it on here. This chemo has my memory a bit scattered at times but I am still going to tell you the bad with the good. No surprises after you agree to start with me. If something shows up as a surprise it will be because I didn't know about it and it would be a surprise to me also.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6